Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you Butcher your own Meat >

Do you Butcher your own Meat

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you Butcher your own Meat

Old 12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default Do you Butcher your own Meat

Do u butcher your own Meat
Old 12-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Butchering Meat ___Redo

I think that if I knew how to proccess my own deer then I would. But ever since I started hunting we have taken them to the proccessors.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes i do it is actually pretty easy
[align=left] [/align]
Old 12-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes - because I like to.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

It's not that I "don't trust" anyone else as much as it is that I really enjoy the entire experience of "from field to table". The first deer I killed in MD I took to the butcher because I lived in a townhouse and did not have a big enough area to cut it up. I wanted some summer sausage made and he told me it would be awhile because he would send mine in with other folks and it would all be processed togeter...meaning I would get a mix of mine and other peoples meat back. NO THANK YOU! Plus, I am certain that the care I take in processing my own yields me more meat. I do steaks, roasts, burger, jerky, breakfast sausage, summer sausage and will begin to do snack sticks as well. I like the fact that I do it all myself.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Dominant Buck

With the possibilty of making a bunch of jerky real, now....I'm going to, again.

This will extend my hunting season. I haven't hunted this past week)....because I didn't know what I'd do with the meat. Now....I do.

Love to take a couple late-season does....and put some people on theirs.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

With the possibilty of making a bunch of jerky real, now....I'm going to, again.

This will extend my hunting season. I haven't hunted this past week)....because I didn't know what I'd do with the meat. Now....I do.

Love to take a couple late-season does....and put some people on theirs.
Jerky makes a wonderful Christmas gift Jeff...if you can bring yourself to give it up. For every 3 pounds of meat, I get a little less than a pound of jerky when done. Enjoy
Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I do. It's much cheaper and I also don't trust some of the butcher shops on who's deer I'm getting back. I do take my trimmings In to get made to whatever I want but I won't take them In till at least February after all the gun kills are done and processed.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Some deer go to the butcher, some get cut up by me. Depends on how much time I have.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do all my own because I really don't trust a processor. Its not necessarily the procesor I don't trust per se, more the other people's deer. You have no idea how the other deer were handled prior to getting to the processing place. I don't want my deer next to some rancid thing someone else brought in. Also, there is absolutely no way of knowing the meat you have in the freezer is from your deer, especially in any sausage-type preparation. No thanks. I know how my deer was handled and that all my stuff is clean. If I get the blowsh!ts from it,its my own fault!

Quick Reply: Do you Butcher your own Meat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.