Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story >

23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

Old 12-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

My gosh..the way you guys are carrying on one would think that someone lied to you..stole from your mother..and committed adultery on ya.
Leave my ex wife out of this.[>:]

[8D]
Old 12-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Dominant Buck

WTF is a "legit kill"?

Is it dead" Did you kill it?

My issue was whether or not to tag the animal. I had to ask myself (as did my GW)....."Did you kill it"?

I did. I tagged. There is NO protocol for this type thing. I haven't entered any deer I've ever kille din anything other than the HNI contest (and this one wont go in there).
Old 12-04-2008, 02:22 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tjewell71

The gentelman that buchered the deer keept it himself. He saw what the legs looked like when he cut it up and I also told him the story, so that was his choice to keep it not mine.
The original statement was that the deer was donated to a food bank. I have no problem with the guy keeping it for himself. His risk. My point was the animal should not have been donated for consumption by others.

Anything that would go through a packing house that died of an abscess and infection would immediately be put in the rendering pile. They would also shut down and clean the entire line that the meat in question had come across prior to being found.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

My gosh..the way you guys are carrying on one would think that someone lied to you..stole from your mother..and committed adultery on ya.
Don .....let it go ...
Old 12-04-2008, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

WTF is a "legit kill"?

Is it dead" Did you kill it?

My issue was whether or not to tag the animal. I had to ask myself (as did my GW)....."Did you kill it"?

I did. I tagged. There is NO protocol for this type thing. I haven't entered any deer I've ever kille din anything other than the HNI contest (and this one wont go in there).

Jeff, that is exactly why you will see "IMO" in my threads. It's all about your own perception. Everyone gave their's, I gave mine.

IMO, a "legit kill" is one that does not need a disclosure.......
Old 12-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Dominant Buck

DC.....I respect the IMO part....but if you didn't see it go down....and can't follow a blood trail to it.....there's gonna be some disclosure required. You've sold yourself on some level of deductive reasoning.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:43 PM

True Jeff and I guess at some point the crystal clear turns to shades of grey. Each situation is different and each hunter is different.

Like I said in your thread, I would proudly display the buck you found. BUT, it would be a "little" different than the big 6 pt you killed in the typical fashion. IMO of course.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Like I said in your thread, I would proudly display the buck you found. BUT, it would be a "little" different than the big 6 pt you killed in the typical fashion. IMO of course.
ABSOLUTE common ground!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:28 PM

No pat on the back from here either and that isn't meant as aslam. Without assistance and pure luck, this deer would have never been recovered. To me, it is about the same thing as gut shooting one and then you find the bonesand skull thenext season. Seriously, and I'm not being a hard case...I don't understand the logic behind everyones congrats. Would you give me a pat on the back for finding last years deer? I think not! It's the same thing folks...

And I really mean this...I AMNOT slamming the hunter. Bad shots happen.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt is right on with everything he stated in his reply IMO of course.
His and the one in this thread are 2 entirely different senarios. One was given up on, one was not.

Quick Reply: 23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.