Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story >

23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

Old 12-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

Here we go again, is it still his buck? Hell NO, it's a found dead deer. Just like the hole in the horn or whatever one it was they found tangled in a fence. It died of natural/unnatural causes. If we're going to claim every dead deer we find as a confirmed kill people will be driving the highways during the rut to claim their next prize. Fact is, he didn't even find the thing and wouldn't have known about it except it blocked a riding trail for horses.[&:] He had his chance and it didn't work out.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats a nice buck. congrats on finding him. you must not have coyotes cause that cape still looks pretty good
Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Here we go again, is it still his buck? Hell NO, it's a found dead deer. Just like the hole in the horn or whatever one it was they found tangled in a fence. It died of natural/unnatural causes. If we're going to claim every dead deer we find as a confirmed kill people will be driving the highways during the rut to claim their next prize. Fact is, he didn't even find the thing and wouldn't have known about it except it blocked a riding trail for horses.[&:] He had his chance and it didn't work out.
Your way off and you have no right to slip your negative comments into this thread. Its his buck, no question, how can you try to take that away from him?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: StrikeTrue

Your way off and you have no right to slip your negative comments into this thread. Its his buck, no question, how can you try to take that away from him?
I'm way off?????? 23 days ago I'd have been way off. This deer was wounded. He made a terrible shot. The deer died a miserable death. He had given up. Someone else found the thing. I just can't congradulate someone for messing up a shot simply because someone found a dead deer almost a month later. You call it negative thoughts. I callit real life. I didn't take his buck away from him. His bad shot did that all by itself. Next time I hope he does better. Why does everyone feel a need to sugar coat a poor shot and a NON recovery in my mind. Heck, this deer could have been shot by someone else somewhere else at some other time as far as I'm concerned. Nothing to thump your chest about on this one.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm way off. 23 days ago I'd have been way off. This deer was wounded. He made a terrible shot. The deer died a miserable death. He had given up. Someone else found the thing. I just can't congradulate someone for messing up a shot simply because someone found a dead deer almost a month later. You call it negative thoughts. I callit real life. I didn't take his buck away from him. His bad shot did that all by itself. Next time I hope he does better.

Might as well have[:-]

Congrats on a beautiful buck, sucks that he had to die like that though.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

I'm way off?????? 23 days ago I'd have been way off. This deer was wounded. He made a terrible shot. The deer died a miserable death. He had given up. Someone else found the thing. I just can't congradulate someone for messing up a shot simply because someone found a dead deer almost a month later. You call it negative thoughts. I callit real life. I didn't take his buck away from him. His bad shot did that all by itself. Next time I hope he does better. Why does everyone feel a need to sugar coat a poor shot and a NON recovery in my mind. Heck, this deer could have been shot by someone else somewhere else at some other time as far as I'm concerned. Nothing to thump your chest about on this one.
At least we cleared up that your the perfect hunter / last comment for the thread.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Banned

well no congrats from me either ..... helluva buck, I mean geeesh thats a gorgeous deer but you didn't recover it and it's not a kill IMO

keep the horns but you can't be proud of them really .... you shot, wounded and lost him and that happens, I aint busting you for it, we all lose animals if we hunt hard and shoot IMO. but you didn't recover it, its not really something to be proud of is all i'm saying

gads what a gorgeous buck though .......
Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

How can you pose for a picture like this? If this deer decomposed in the 23 days you wouldn't be doing it. You say the deer appeared to have died fromthe wounding of your arrow in the upper leg that was infected but show us noevidence of that. This deer could have been hit by a car for all you really know. To say you had a shot at this deer earlierand just foundhim would have been the thing to do. I offer you no congratulations on the harvest of this fine animal because I don't know it died at the hands of you. Keep the antlers for sure but don't claim it as your kill. Bullhockey[:'(]
Old 12-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

some of them are likely just jealous that they dont have a buck like that hanging from their wall. Heck, most probably havnt even a seen a deer like that.
Yea, right. But you are partly right, I never saw a deer even close to that while living in NJ but I didn't hunt on zoo property either while there. Hell, come to think of it I never hunted there, too many uppitys there

Quick Reply: 23 Days Later A Delaware Buck Story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.