Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When did you know you were hooked for life? >

When did you know you were hooked for life?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When did you know you were hooked for life?

Old 12-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: When did you know you were hooked for life?

I'm going to say when I was just a little fart. By the time I was 4 years old my dad couldn't get home quick enough from work as far as I was concerned. I couldn't shoot my little recurve unless he was with me. I've been nuts about It ever since!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

iv been hooked since i first picked up a gun. iv always felt a kinship to the long hunters of the past, i gues you could say my heroes growing up were daniel boone and kit carson, iv always known that i was meant to be a hunter, and every day in the woods just makes that even more evident. the respect for the game, the thrill of the chase, the let down and elation of the kill, icouldnt be anything else if i tried. me...im a hunter through and through have been since i was a babe and will be till i die
Old 12-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knew before I ever hunted. My dad would go and I couldn't wait for him to get back to see if he shot anything. My older brother went when he was 12 and I was POed because he got to go and I didn't. Well my brother hated hunting but I couldn't wait to go. I was 9 at that point. I would also go rabbit, goose, and duck hunting before I could legally hunt so I never had a chance.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:43 PM

I was hooked before I knew it.

I honestly can't remember how long I've been shooting. I know I was very young. I know I was shooting a recurve my dad bought at a garage sale. I know I was shooting hand-me-down aluminium arrows my dad had given me.

I've been hooked longer than I can remember.

It definitely didn't take shooting an animal to reinforce the fact that I love this sport.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Banned

when I quit compound hunting and took up bowhunting (using recurves and longbows) - they are two different things, compound hunting and bowhunting ...
Old 12-03-2008, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a tough question. Hooked on Bowhunting and chasing bigger bucks? November 4, 2004. Here I am, working from home on the phone with a customer and I look out the window to see this.

video here http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=200410pt.flv

From that point on, I've become obsessed with chasing Whitetails with the bow.

Great post by the way.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

hmmm well since i went on that frozen marsh for the first time that december it was december of 97 and i was 8. Shot my first black duck he is sitting right above me as we speak I can remember every second. When i first got into bowhunting was when i first saw that little 3 pointer sneaking out of the thicket infront of me i was 12. That was my first archery kill and i havnt looked back since. Im now 19 and have2 more bow kills since that one. They were both this year
Old 12-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ever since my Dad started taking me upland and waterfowl hunting when I was a small boy. I started going with him at age 6 which would have been 1978. As I got older, hunting occupied most of my thoughts and all of my free time.

I started shotgun hunting for deer in 1985 and killed a doe. That started my obsession with deer hunting. Then in 1991 a very good friend got me into bow hunting and I have never looked back!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I killed the first deer I ever saw off of the stand. It was my very first bowhunt and it was my 14th birthday.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first time I saw a deer on stand

Quick Reply: When did you know you were hooked for life?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.