Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When did you know you were hooked for life? >

When did you know you were hooked for life?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When did you know you were hooked for life?

Old 12-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: When did you know you were hooked for life?

Mine was my first year of bowhunting, my very first hunt. A big 8 pointer followed the fence row right to my stand like it was on a string. He stopped at 15 yards and i flung an arrow right under him, just missed.It was intense. that was with an old Oneida bow that i hated. This year i got a PSE and have killed two deer with it in my second season bowhunting. HOOKED!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can remember it like it was yesterday. The year was 1978, I was 5 years old. My Dad pulled in the front yard, jumps out of the truck and runs in the front door. I had never seen him so excited (still haven't) in my life.

Mom said, WHATS WRONG!!! He said, nothing's wrong I JUST KILLED THE BUCK!!!!!!As we went out to see, friendsand family had started to show up to see "the buck". The local news paper even came by that morning for pic's and astory.

Wow, the rack was sobig I couldn't holdthe buck'shead up. Needless to say, the excitement and magnitude of that day left a mark. The buck was 14 points and scored 186, to a five year old boy, it was a moose.

My shrink said, it was this event that created a monster. [8D]

Old 12-03-2008, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was hooke before i even got to the woods for the first time Heard my Uncle and my Dad talk of trying it but they never did. I was all ears and very young, i just had to try it.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Spike

Oct 23 2005. Let me start out with I never hunted seriously until 2004. That year my sons and I started to learn to shoot bows with the Springwater Archery Club. It was just a chance to spend some time with my boys. They were 11 and 12 years old.
We all got pretty good and won our first outdoor teamshoot that fall. Our neighbor was an avid Bowhunter and taught mealot of things about Bowhunting. In 2005 I got serious on Oct 23 I was 18 ft up in a climber and a nice 6 pt walked in at 23 yards 1 shot he ran 30 yards and that was it. The feeling of accomplishment was incredible.Since then the boys and I have taken 11 Deer (no monsters ) But all good eating. This sport has brought us closer together. Opening day is always a rush