Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the difference!!?? >

What's the difference!!??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the difference!!??

Old 12-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Default RE: What's the difference!!??

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Germ

BC now you're just being a dick, Geezish
Maybe I am. Maybe, I just need to walk away. Just have a low tolerance for people like this.
Glad I'm not the only one!

Old 12-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Believe me, I am not the only one who sees it on here. Thats the reason your the paris hilton of bowhunting.
now THAt is funny!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Or insecurity.

I learned something in all those threads.

I didn't ask the question about opening a deer's stomach to find out if that was a way to see what he's been eating. I learned that watching jaws

I learned I need to know how to make jerky. I could use some jerky...and it'll extend my season.

I still don't know how to age a deer using the lower jawbone. I've seen it done two different ways, now....but I wouldn't know how to do it myself. I also wanted to know....because the guy who's doign the euro on my 6 pointer disposed of the lower jawbone before I could retrieve it. I wanted to know if there was another way to age him. I still don't know that.

Leaf blower.....OK...that was mine. No apologies...as I may still do it. If you knew where the spot was you wouldn't think it was so crazy. I've never killed a deer here over bait....although it's perfectly legal. Uncovering acorns in an area where deer are used to hearing a leaf blower, anyways.....seemed like thinking outside the box. Stay in the box! I won't say you're stupid!

My sight's bots are tight. It hasn't shifted in a way I can discern. What can make it be 6" off at 20yds? I really didn't know. I have a better understanding after asking the question. I went out the next day and killed a nice buck. I'm glad I asked the question. It led me to mark my peep.

And I still don't think deer can "learn" to look up. You can't prove me wrong there, either.

If my fervor for knowledge either irritates or threatens you.....I apologize. I will continue to ask questions.

And I won't attempt to belittle you personally.....because we disagree on bowhunting issues. That's the definition of an attack ad hominem. You're pretty good at that from what I can tell.

You're not the only one, *JB*.

BC...go check out the post where *JB* called me a liar and a poacher. Now there's an association you can be proud of.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: moose1915

Believe me, I am not the only one who sees it on here. Thats the reason your the paris hilton of bowhunting.
now THAt is funny!
Hey GMMAT,

Can I still use white fletchings after Labor Day? Oh, and should my safety vest always match my hunting boots? Never knew who to ask until now.

Thanks

bff
Old 12-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I would, for sure, Fletch. The fawn blood shows up better, that way.

Can't help you on the safety vest/boots issue. Mine match, though, interestingly enough. You can peruse my list of harvest photos for reference.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think hunting is fun.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like how this thread ventured from It's Intention's.
What is the difference in what weapon you use, strictly archery as in traditional or compound.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Serious question....

But doesn't the weapon of choice dictate HOW you hunt? Would you hunt the same way with a scoped riflev. a longbow?

How I hunt defines me as a hunter. The weapon I choose to hunt with dfines how I hunt. I'm a bowhunter. Nothing elitist about that. Purist? Guilty.
Doesn't change how I hunt at all. Just means that the hunt is over sooner or with a more definitive result.

This year was a prime example. I went on a hunt in Sept. in which I hunted a certain near B&C buck everyday with my bow and never got a shot at him. Last day of the hunt and facing going home empty handed after dropping $1200 on a Beaver flight I decided to grab the camp gun and head out to put some venison in the freezer. There was no question of coming back to camp empty handed after I loaded a .375 round into the chamber rather than nocking an arrow. I was going to shoot the first buck I saw and eat well. 2 hours later I stalk over a ridge and here's the monster I'd been hunting all week laying in his bed at 40 yards looking the other way. Slam dunk with the bow and I've got the rifle in my hands. Blam! He's done and my bitching and moaning at myself starts. It's the first animal that I've ever killed with a centerfire rifle. Why the bitching and moaning? Not because I shot it with a rifle vs. a bow but becasue, if I had stuck it out and persevered as bowhunting has taught me to do over the years, I'd have had that trophy that I went on the hunt to get. I wouldn't care if anyone else had shot him with a rifle, or crossbow or muzzleloader but I was pissed that I lowered my own standards and didn't persevere. Does that make me elitist? No! I'll never pass judgement on anyone else for how they choose to hunt (as long as it's legal). But by picking up that rifle I failed my own set standards for how I hunt. Same would hold true if I started a season out with the intent of taking a buck with my longbow and ended up shooting him with my compound.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

I think hunting is fun.
I do too.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Dominant Buck

That's good stuff, Kodiak. You're not an elitist, at all.

But by picking up that rifle I failed my own set standards for how I hunt.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that statement....and I've made similar ones throughout this thread....especially in regards to not passing judgement on others.

Quick Reply: What's the difference!!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.