Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the difference!!?? >

What's the difference!!??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the difference!!??

Old 12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the difference!!??

I agree Kodiak. About 8 years ago I picked up a bow for the first time and hunted. I hunted off and on with the bow for the next couple of years. I started to kill some better deer, both with guns and bow. As I started to mature as a hunter and gain a better understanding of the woods I told myself, the first mature buck I take will be with a bow. Since I switched over to only bow hunting for the past 4 season I have never swayed from that mentality. All the mature bucks I have had within range I could have easily killed with a gun, but I have not been able to get a good shot with a bow....yet. I know I would personally feel a sense of letdown if I killed my first mature buck with anything other than a bow. That is ME, personally.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK, I'll be back in the trad room if anyone needs me I guess........See ya. [&o]
Old 12-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off I can't believe GMMAT recognized the Redsox about 1,000 replies ago - Kudos to that.

This is how I stealthfully dodge the originators post.

Why, why, why???
Picture Nancy Kerrigan (olymipic skater) cry, while tyingto understand why Tonia Harding'sex-husband beat her about the knee with a pipe.
You people certainly can't forget the news can you? ha-ha, I need another beer

Greg please stick with us, as I do like your outlook on deer hunting, with whatever you kill it with.
Ps - I hear wrist rockets are on the rise!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another reason not to even think aboutgun hunting is how quickly it can end your lucrative careererin the N.F.L.[]
Old 12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I like how this thread ventured from It's Intention's.
What is the difference in what weapon you use, strictly archery as in traditional or compound.
Ya think it's gotten a bit off track!!??
Old 12-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It's a sad state of affairs when a person can't profess his passion for being a bow (only) hunter on a bowhunting forum......and at the same time not degrade other methods of hunting.....and STILL have to put up with being called "insecure" and be labeled an "elitist".
Jeff, what I told you via PM was true. I have and will alwayshold myself to my word. Therefore, I will do as I said and support you in the above statement. I could not have put it better.

Various entries throught this thread and particularly post page 9 also make many other things I said to you via PM to be true as well. Of course only you know what they are in your heart of hearts.

It doesn't make you a bad person, just guilty.

Do not be upset at me for you have no reason; I call it just like you call it.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

My name is Sliverflicker and I am a BOWHUNTER, and I sure hope no one expects me to apologize for that.

I have 8 Trad Bows and 8 compounds around the house right now. I grew up shooting trad bows and took my firstbuck with one back in 1967, many others over the years including Bear.

I love the recurve for thesimplicity, can also snap shoot and get on a target quicker in low light.

Compound is great for tack driving accuracy and extending the rang if necessary.

Not much difference in shooting them if you take the sight off of the compound, well except the compound is harder to snap shoot, and the recurve is harder to hold at full draw.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

lots of freetime to burn aroundhere it seems..
Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

lots of freetime to burn around here it seems..

I agree, I took my flintlock(gun) and went hunting all day, came back, still the same non-sense. There was a time it used to be entertaining, not so much anymore......
Old 12-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

ORIGINAL: shed33

lots of freetime to burn aroundhere it seems..

I agree, I took my flintlock(gun) and went hunting all day, came back, still the same non-sense. There was a time it used to be entertaining, not so much anymore......
Did you have the hammer locked this time???[8D][8D]

Quick Reply: What's the difference!!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.