Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's the difference!!?? >

What's the difference!!??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the difference!!??

Old 12-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the difference!!??

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I've said this before but I guess it bears repeating....

I don't have a problem with someone calling them self a "bow hunter"....I may not agree withthe labelbut I can live with it.Where I do have the problem is when said "bow hunter" starts to look down on others for not using a bow only or where the said "bow hunter" by default proclaims or insinuates that they are a better hunter or have risen to a higher platform of hunting simply by picking up a bow andheading into the woodswith it.

I know this is a bow hunting forum and therefore a "blind eye" will most likely be turned butelitism stems from this seemingly universally adoptedattitude....of course I don't expect the majority here to see it.....itis a bow hunting forum after all.
Go back to Denver![8D]
lol!!

I wish I could......but alas, they wouldn't take me now.[&o]

Now the Bears are a different story, that O-Line is like Swiss Cheese...I like my chances.
True dat Big J.

I'm thinking about watching basketball again. The bulls can't let me down any further than I already am.[&o]

Oh.. but they can.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
bigcountry

I've said this before but I guess it bears repeating....

I don't have a problem with someone calling them self a "bow hunter"....I may not agree withthe labelbut I can live with it.Where I do have the problem is when said "bow hunter" starts to look down on others for not using a bow only or where the said "bow hunter" by default proclaims or insinuates that they are a better hunter or have risen to a higher platform of hunting simply by picking up a bow andheading into the woodswith it.

I know this is a bow hunting forum and therefore a "blind eye" will most likely be turned butelitism stems from this seemingly universally adoptedattitude....of course I don't expect the majority here to see it.....itis a bow hunting forum after all.
I am right there with ya.Great post.

But what about when some are like an obnoxious loud guy in a bar, announcing over and over that they only bowhunt. Kinda like they are a little kid that needs attention asking the stupidest questions. Making sure everyone knows they only bowhunt? Thats where this forum has gone downhill.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

That's where the insecurity creeps in, BC. Just order yourself another cosmopolitan and don't feel threatened. He's not stealing any of your thunder.....and hey.......the stupid questions make you look smarter!

Well.....most of that's true, anyways!
Old 12-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Thanks for the compliment BigJ, but it is just the way I feel. If they outlaw everything else then I will be hunting with a sharp stick I guess. Or poaching mice in the garage with a whiffle ball bat. But I will find a way to hunt.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That's where the insecurity creeps in, BC. Just order yourself another cosmopolitan and don't feel threatened. He's not stealing any of your thunder.....and hey.......the stupid questions make you look smarter!

Well.....most of that's true, anyways!
Again, sounds like a personal problem you need to take up with your doctor. You don't see me asking thestupid questions you do. I kinda learned the trival stuff when I was a kid bowhunting. Maybe you can point me to where I have asked them. Show us a link!

I am kinda glad you don't gun hunt. I really wouldn't feel safe knowing your out there with a gun with the thousands upon thousands of obvious questions that anyone should know that you ask.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll challenge you to do the same thing. "Obvious" question? Link! Link!

I'm a deer hunting sponge (as far as knoweldge goes).....with plenty of room to take a lot in. Just like hunting new grounds....you go through some spots that you think look promising. Sometimes they pan out. SOmetimes they're a bust. Sometimes you try a tactic that seems sound. Sometimes it pans out to be so....sometimes not.

I've been hunting whitetails for 3.5 seasons. Have I asked some stupid questions? lol....surely. Have I learned a LOT in 3.5 seasons? You bet.

Nothing to be ashamed of on my part. If you ain't getting hung up....you ain't fishing.

I have a blast bowhunting.....and if it threatens you when I say I've been mildlysuccessful at it. Your problem. Don't be a hater, BC.

You're the only one here trying to tear someone down.....and yet you call ME insecure. Why is that?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:01 PM
bigcountry

I'm a deer hunting sponge (as far as knoweldge goes).....with plenty of room to take a lot in. Just like hunting new grounds....you go through some spots that you think look promising. Sometimes they pan out. SOmetimes they're a bust. Sometimes you try a tactic that seems sound. Sometimes it pans out to be so....sometimes not.

I've been hunting whitetails for 3.5 seasons. Have I asked some stupid questions? lol....surely. Have I learned a LOT in 3.5 seasons? You bet.

Nothing to be ashamed of on my part. If you ain't getting hung up....you ain't fishing.

I have a blast bowhunting.....and if it threatens you when I say I've been mildlysuccessful at it. Your problem. Don't be a hater, BC.
First off, I am surely not threaten by you. Just a shame what you have done with this forum IMO.

As far as links, lets see. And this is just in the last few weeks. I am not wasting my time going further.

You have needed to ask if you should cut open a deer to see what they are eating. Hey man, its deer, if you want to see what its eating do it. Its really freakin simple.

You couldn't figure out how you can keep on hunting because you didn't want to pay the processor just so you can kill another animal, you won't even eat. Someone had to point out to you, "cut it up yourself". Duh.

You couldn't figure out how to age a deer using the lower jawbone.

Oh, here is a classic. You need to ask fellow HNI's if you should use a leaf blower to uncover acorns. Oh yea, thats real natural.

and then theres "guys, my sights are off, how can this be??????". Man, fix it, move on.

And then you want to know if deer can learn to look up??

Old 12-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

First off, I am surely not threaten by you. Just a shame what you have done with this forum IMO.

As far as links, lets see. And this is just in the last few weeks. I am not wasting my time going further.

You have needed to ask if you should cut open a deer to see what they are eating. Hey man, its deer, if you want to see what its eating do it. Its really freakin simple.

You couldn't figure out how you can keep on hunting because you didn't want to pay the processor just so you can kill another animal, you won't even eat. Someone had to point out to you, "cut it up yourself". Duh.

You couldn't figure out how to age a deer using the lower jawbone.

Oh, here is a classic. You need to ask fellow HNI's if you should use a leaf blower to uncover acorns. Oh yea, thats real natural.

and then theres "guys, my sights are off, how can this be??????". Man, fix it, move on.

And then you want to know if deer can learn to look up??
BC now you're just being a dick, Geezish
Old 12-03-2008, 03:04 PM
bigcountry

You're the only one here trying to tear someone down.....and yet you call ME insecure. Why is that?

Believe me, I am not the only one who sees it on here. Thats the reason your the paris hilton of bowhunting. You need someone to look at you, and recognize your accomplishments. Your the type of guy who makes sure everyone can hear you.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:06 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Germ

BC now you're just being a dick, Geezish
Maybe I am. Maybe, I just need to walk away. Just have a low tolerance for people like this.

Quick Reply: What's the difference!!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.