Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The best piece of hunting equipment I bought this year >

The best piece of hunting equipment I bought this year

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best piece of hunting equipment I bought this year

Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The best piece of hunting equipment I bought this year

CONTACT LENSES!
After 30+ years hunting (struggling) with glasses I took the plunge and got contacts. It was a major struggle to get them in and out at first. It took me 3 hours to get the right one in and out for the first time. I was soooo frustrated but I wasn't going to give up. It still takes me a while to get them in or out but it keeps getting easier. I still check to see if I have my glasses as I'm heading for the woods. lol Old habits die hard!
No more constantly trying to find a dry piece of tee shirt to wipe my glasses in the rain and snow!
No more fogged up lenses.
No more trying to look out of the corner of my lenses when I shoot my bow.
No more removing my glasses every time I want to use my binos.

It took me a while to get used to them. At first it always felt like I had something in my eye. Now I wear them all day and even forget I have them in. I am lucky that both eyes are almost the same prescription. So close that I have them both made the same so I don't have to worry about mixing them up.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 PM

Default RE: The best piece of hunting equipment I bought this year

I know what you mean, they were the best thing I ever got. It has been ten or twelve years now that I have had them. I have nearly forgotten how much it sucks with glasses in cold/wet weather.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:35 PM

The only problem I ran into is the wind drying them out and then I would lose one halfway through the day. Nothing sucks worse than one in and one out! lol, but it still beats glasses any day!
Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

get used to them. At first it always felt like I had something in my eye. Now I wear them all day and even forget I have them in. I am lucky that both eyes are almost the same prescription. So close that I have them both made
ORIGINAL: magicman54494

CONTACT LENSES!
After 30+ years hunting (struggling) with glasses I took the plunge and got contacts. It was a major struggle to get them in and out at first. It took me 3 hours to get the right one in and out for the first time. I was soooo frustrated but I wasn't going to give up. It still takes me a while to get them in or out but it keeps getting easier. I still check to see if I have my glasses as I'm heading for the woods. lol Old habits die hard!
No more constantly trying to find a dry piece of tee shirt to wipe my glasses in the rain and snow!
No more fogged up lenses.
No more trying to look out of the corner of my lenses when I shoot my bow.
No more removing my glasses every time I want to use my binos.

It took me a while to get used to them. At first it always felt like I had something in my eye. Now I wear them all day and even forget I have them in. I am lucky that both eyes are almost the same prescription. So close that I have them both made the same so I don't have to worry about mixing them up.

Todd, now all you need is laser surgery on your eyes and you will be good to go
Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im glad you dont have to fiddle with the glasses any more Magic I remember when my wife got them years ago. The first time she looked like someone had beat her up she struggled to but now its down to a science Now you need to think about RK surgery and dump the contacs
Old 12-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Im glad you dont have to fiddle with the glasses any more Magic I remember when my wife got them years ago. The first time she looked like someone had beat her up she struggled to but now its down to a science Now you need to think about RK surgery and dump the contacs
I thought about you when I was trying to get them out for the first time. I kept telling the assistant that my fingers were too fat to grab them out.Then I thought I'm glad I don't have bloods fingers.

I would be scared to have the surgery. I am afraid something might go wrong and I kinda need my eyes! Even if they are not prefect. My sight is actually real good. I have astigmatism (sp?) Thats what makes seeing detail, especially at distances, real hard.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

I hear you. I'm using contacts this year too. Just started them this month. I still struggle getting them in and out and my eyeballs hate me afterabout 6 hours of having them in... but they still rock compared to having fogged up glasses or trying to wear glasses in the rain.

I have already taken a stick to the eye tho'. Guess I got used to having the lens shields when I bust brush with my face.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

You are so Bad [8D][8D]yes you are [8D]My fingers are not fat damit (see sig below) I cant help that i was born with Large extremidies [8D][8D][8D][8D]LOL!!
ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

I thought about you when I was trying to get them out for the first time. I kept telling the assistant that my fingers were too fat to grab them out.Then I thought I'm glad I don't have bloods fingers.

I would be scared to have the surgery. I am afraid something might go wrong and I kinda need my eyes! Even if they are not prefect. My sight is actually real good. I have astigmatism (sp?) Thats what makes seeing detail, especially at distances, real hard.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Amen to that.

I have worn contacts for 4yrs now. It was one of the best things I did. You"ll get use to putting them in...before you know it you won't even need a mirror to put them in/out
Old 12-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DROCK

Amen to that.

I have worn contacts for 4yrs now. It was one of the best things I did. You"ll get use to putting them in...before you know it you won't even need a mirror to put them in/out
I can't wait! When I'm in my camper it's still quite a process. 1. turn on all the lights
2. put a towel down on the floor. (because I will most certainly drop one of them)
3. get the contact positioned on my finger just right
4. force my upper and lower eye lids open.
5. go for it.
6. pick it off the floor, wash it off, and start over.
lol

Quick Reply: The best piece of hunting equipment I bought this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.