Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What challenges you during season >

What challenges you during season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What challenges you during season

Old 12-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What challenges you during season

[ul][*]Almost TOO many stand locations, second guessing where I should go. [*]Rifle Hunting on my property (I used to think it HELPED not HINDERED)[*]Playing the wind. (The swamp on my property, where the deer are, is in the wrong spot[&:])[*]Geese (I like to Kill them)[/ul]
Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Playing host to other hunters.
Driving 3 hours without getting a speeding ticket.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

second guessing which stand to sit in
Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Mine is finding some private land to hunt. I am new to MD and have been hunting a 2000 acre WMA. I saw deer the first Sat. of the early Bow season. I have been back 4 times and seen nothing. A coworker has some land that he hunts with some friends. It is super thick and hard to get shots longer than 30yds in the early season and maybe 75 after the leaves drop. I need to find a farm that I have exclusive rights toand that I don't have to hike a cliber in and out a mile each way. If I got one, it would be one hell of a long drag. I got one at my parents in VA this year so I'm not too pressed to get one at the WMA. I have asked one guy that leases some farm property, he said he would ask the owner and get back to me but never has. I saw a truck parked in the field one evening last week. I'll be p*ssed if he is letting someone else hunt it. I see tons of deer there every morning and afternoon driving to and from work. I know to start looking early next year.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Dominant Buck

1. Second guessing where I should hunt.
2. Internal pressure to score
3. Setting up where I think deer SHOULD be instead of where they likely ARE. (hunting where "I" want to)
4. Not assessing lands I've hunted in the past fully....and overlooking spots that are likely producers (see no. 3)
5. Not trusting my gut......(i.e. getting in my own way -see all the above)
Old 12-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife.[&:]

And why is it everyone wants to get married in the fall?[:@]
Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM

getting out of bed in the mornings. Just hate it.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I play mind games with myself like a mad man. Constantly second guessing where I should be. Some times I wish I only had one acre to hunt, not 1,000.

My siatic (sp?) nerve gets pinched off when I sit too long which makes my legs go numb, so sometimes I have to do like mini stretches to limber up. Pretty much sucks.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

1.Only being able to hunt on the weekends because of school
2.Second guessing my stand locations
Old 12-02-2008, 02:58 PM

1. Not enough acreage this year (should be solved for next year) It kind of helped/hindered. I only had one really good location to go to this year, so it was limiting....but then again, I had no chance of second guessing myself this way[&:]...It did pay off though.
2. Time off from class. Having a 730 AM M-F class sucks...last year I only had T and TH, leaving more weekdays to hunt mornings.
3. Turkey. I have a soft spot for these feathered critters...and they would taunt me from stand begging for me to leave stand and setup for an ambush/call in....I stuck it out for a deer first though...now I plan to wreak havoc on the turkey if they are still around.

Quick Reply: What challenges you during season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.