Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The bowturbow video is up!! >

The bowturbow video is up!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The bowturbow video is up!!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The bowturbow video is up!!

I agree, if it came loose, it's coming back like a rocket perhaps but if it were loose to begin with, it would slide back and forth slightly/rigid, definitely affecting arrow POI.

Like Fox said, the fact they added the "stop" to the Katera would have a red flag raised for me.

I consider it a gimmick. I'd like to see the before and after on a digital poundage scale.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The bow turbow video is up!!

ORIGINAL: TFOX

It is definately preloading(well,kinda) the limbs but many companies already do that.The roller slide is probably preloading more than this device is but that is just speculation.

I could see a little more holding weight but doubt the poundage will increase drastically,MAYBE a couple lbs.

BUT,there is no way you should just bolt it on and go without completely retuning.I can see some major timing issues but not sure.

I like it when he says MAKE SURE IT IS TIGHT. duh,if that thing moves,all hell will break loose(I really see this as an issue) and I think your shot will look kinda funny but to tell you the truth,I would like to really test one out to see just how it works in the real world.

Who knows,it might not be too bad of a deal.I know what I thought about the STS when it came out and many thought the same but now most manufactuers are putiing them on. AND now,I love them.
No doubt those bows that come with roller guards preload the limbs, but the comapny puts limbs on with the right deflection to attain their advertised weights. The Turbow would add weight to limbs that are already on the bow for a chosen weight. Would putting more weight on those limbs create a safety issue? Probably not as how many bows come from the factory with limbs that will peak 5# or so over the bow's rating anyway.

I see a lot of guys worrying about warranty issues. I don't know why this becomes a concern about a lot of things. Would you be naive enough to tell?

Like you I'd like to try one out just to have an opinion based on experience instead of pure speculation or panic, as some seem to have, but I'm not spending the money. The thing might be a gimmick, but the same was said 40 years ago when the compound bow made it's debut. Guys are just too quick to judge.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not saying it's good or bad. I'm just wondering what the extra 10-30 fps get you. Sure, the arrow is faster but that doesn't make the person a better shot orbetter hunter. Maybe if you are starting with a 25" DL and 50# DW this may be good but other than that..........

Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my minds eye,I see this adding alot to the draw force curve and very little to the overall preload and/or poundage of the bow.

To me it looks like it will make the draw weight peak earlier and steeper and hold it there longer,therefore adding the speed.Yes,it will add a little to the limbs but I doubt it would be very much.(but it is very possible that I am wrong on this)

You don't have to have the roller guard to preload the limbs.This has been done by many to achieve better speeds than the bow probably should be producing with the materials being used.

Really intersted in playing with one just to see.

Bruce,that speed can equate to more stored energy which in turn,gives better penetration,especially when adding weight to your arrow.Just not sure if the draw curve will be affected too much to make it comfortable to shoot for some(like me)

All speculation on my part though.I haven't even seen one in person.

EDIT,see Davidmills post.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm cool with the 101, its got all the steam I need. As for the bowturbow, good luck and God save ya. Looks like problems waiting to happen.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Banned

No thanks..my Guardian is already impressive.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me it just seems to fly in the face of buying a high end bow to begin with.

That Pro Elite he is shooting has been designed by some of the brightest minds in the archery industry with some of the best equipment and computers on the planet. It has been engineered to work in harmony with the other parts of its system.

Putting this thing on the bow, to me, would be like putting a 3rd grader on the Recorder and a pre-schooler with a kazoo in with the Philhamonic Orchestra.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

To me it just seems to fly in the face of buying a high end bow to begin with.

That Pro Elite he is shooting has been designed by some of the brightest minds in the archery industry with some of the best equipment and computers on the planet. It has been engineered to work in harmony with the other parts of its system.

Putting this thing on the bow, to me, would be like putting a 3rd grader on the Recorder and a pre-schooler with a kazoo in with the Philhamonic Orchestra.
Pricelss analogy haha
Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

That is one big woman, spooning her would be instersting

No thanks to the slide

BWAAAAHHHHAAHAHAHA!!!! That made me laugh!
She said it was a 60 lb bow. Why not just crank it up to 70 to get the extra speed. Also is 22fps gonna make any noticeable difference when hunting? I shoot a Mathews Outbaxk 64 lbs and it suits me just fine. I don't feel the need to have the newest fastest most advanced bow each year. Actually thats true not just for bows too.