Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone using NAP Hell Razors, this year? >

Anyone using NAP Hell Razors, this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone using NAP Hell Razors, this year?

Old 12-02-2008, 03:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Anyone using NAP Hell Razors, this year?

1. What's your opinion?
2. What's your setup?
3. Durable?
4. Do you have the practice heads?

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone using NAP Hell Razors, this year?

i did not personally shoot the hell razors but my neighbor did and i was very pleased with the results. Lots of blood complete pass through. He is shooting a Hoyt not sure of the model but it is their longest compound bow. he shoots finger. He has custom made arrows as well so not sure of arrow weight and all either. He did not have the practice heads though. He shot the Montecs in the past couple years but switched. the two heads are similar but the Hell Razors are much easier to sharpen, the Montecs are hard to sharpen and to sharpen them well you have to buy their special sharpening stone, so that's why he made the switch. The broad head stuck into the ground after passing through the deer and still looks like brand new so I would say that they held up very well. hopefully this helps
Old 12-02-2008, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Hey GMMAT,

I used the NAP hellrazor this year and shot a decent 8 point. The arrowalmost did a completepass through and ended up breaking off. I recovered the broadhead and it is fine to use next time so it seems to be pretty durable.

I set it up on a Easton ST Epic arrows and used the 100 grain heads. I do not have the practice heads. This was my first deer shot with the hellrazor but they seem tobe pretty goodBH's.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff I bought some of the 125gr heads when I was thinking about adding weight up front. I've tinkered with shooting them from the Marquis and the longbow. With the Marquis I'm using Beman MFX 340s. The bow is at 63# and they fly like lazers. They also do very well on a number of different shafts from the longbow. Wood, aluminum, or carbon. Alas,[], I can't yet report on penetration or bloodtrails. They are scary sharp out of the package and stay that way even after numerous shots into a Morrell's block. They will be in both quivers next year.