Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DNR

Old 12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DNR

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Now, I totally understand your arguement, many guys(myself included) would be able to hunt a little more, should Sunday hunting be legal in NJ. Really, we need a days break, per week. Any day would really work, but given the fact that MANY more hunters would take to the woods during the weekend, I feel, for quality sake, that Sunday is the day to deem no hunting.

Actually,I think you miss the point,there are people that do NOT get to hunt AT ALL because of this rule.

If it is about pressure,close the whole season for a week then open it back up.BUT,I imagine the deer NEED to be killed for management reasons but I am speculating here.

Besides,imo,the pressure is off the deer enough during the week.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I voted NO... but feel a need for a BECAUSE. Because politics has gotten into so many DNRs and State legislatures. BECAUSE,... so much lobbying has been done by people with a cause... whether it be an Xbow or an anti and yes at times even QDM. Wildlife management has become politics. DNRs are underfunded and always will be. They're run day to day by people who went in with ideals but find themselves caught in a war of politics. It's sad. Support when you can.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Personally, I just don't understand the logic, and I think Trevor makes a very valid point, "why Sunday, why not Tuesday or some other day?"
I dont know why Sunday is the day that was picked. Remember, this is the way its always been in NJ and many other States. Perhaps it is a Religious thing, if so, I can understand and agree with that.

Perhaps its to give hikers, trail riders, bird watchers, flower pickers, dirt kissers, tree huggers, spider catchers, snake enthusiasts, bark biters, tree climbers, joggers, wildlife wannalookers, stream drinkers, fish finders, squirrel lovers, those with a rabbit habit, children that like poison ivy, poison oak jokers, thorn revengers, leaf lickers, pine smellers, twig picker uppers, tenacious turkey followers, bank fishermen or anyone else that wants to enjoy the woods without fear of hunting related accidents a chance to enjoy the public outdoors.

Not sure..but whatever the reason, that is the day that was deemed no hunting.
It's one of the old Blue Laws. Do some research on how NY got rid of banned Sunday hunting and do the same thing in your state. It's politics, not management.
Separation of church and state....right?

Actually NO,it isn't,there is no such thing.It is actually

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

The Illinois DNR is a JOKE
We don't have a DNR really. So don't get me started.

[:@]
Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob nailed It!!

DNR= Politics!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

MI runs into the "sound" science and "social" science issues no matter what they do.

If they give out to many doe permits because the science shows to do so. The social science of hunters not seeing deer whack them on the head.

When social science is used and deer numbers increased. The sound science of to many deer damage habitat hits them in the head.

Here is how I look at it now. The DNR is not the Department of Hunters Satisfaction. So they may make rules that bug me, but as long as they put the herd first I am good.

They did ban baiting
Old 12-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found a sickly 9 point in velvet in my father-in-laws back yard in August. It was 1 week after the CWD alert in Kent County and all baiting was banned.

The DNR would not come out...Sheriff station did not respond...they said to call 911...They came out and shot it in the head ( I was not there) and left the deer there.

That was it for me.

However - On the flip side...I would not be too quick to judge the DNR...Do we really know what there job entails? Some of us might...but not all of us.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Spike

No very poor job in Wisconsin. Earn a buck is a joke. People shooting bucks, driving to other game management units then registering there deer. I have hunted Wis for 30 years there are pockets of deer on some private parcels but for the most parts the herd is way down. Lawsuit, lawsuit, lawsuit.We need to send them a message.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

The Wisconsin DNR has done a very poor job...hunting in northern wisconsin has been destroyed...I dont understand the upside from their perspective of eliminating deer from that part of the state, very little farmland to be destroyed, lots of land for deer to roam, very few roads for car kills, and they even have the wolves to thin them out if they would get "overpopulated"
Old 12-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: passthrough24

The Wisconsin DNR has done a very poor job...hunting in northern wisconsin has been destroyed...I dont understand the upside from their perspective of eliminating deer from that part of the state, very little farmland to be destroyed, lots of land for deer to roam, very few roads for car kills, and they even have the wolves to thin them out if they would get "overpopulated"
Aren't they trying to stop the spread of CWD or something in that area????????? That would explain extermination.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.