Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DNR

Old 12-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DNR

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

KY. is awesome!!!!!!

I need some help, I can't remember KY. being a two buck state.[&o]

I did not hunt for a few years in the "90"s. Was it a two buck state for a short time then?[&:]
I'd have to ask my Dad, but Im fairly certain back when he hunted it was a 2 buck state...maybe I was confused. He quit hunting late 80s though, so It would be awhile ago. Ive been hunting since 1999 or 2000, and as you know...1 buck state since I have been around.
Nope, 1 buck statethrough the 60s, 70s and 80s.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Personally, I just don't understand the logic, and I think Trevor makes a very valid point, "why Sunday, why not Tuesday or some other day?"
I dont know why Sunday is the day that was picked. Remember, this is the way its always been in NJ and many other States. Perhaps it is a Religious thing, if so, I can understand and agree with that.

Perhaps its to give hikers, trail riders, bird watchers, flower pickers, dirt kissers, tree huggers, spider catchers, snake enthusiasts, bark biters, tree climbers, joggers, wildlife wannalookers, stream drinkers, fish finders, squirrel lovers, those with arabbit habit, children that like poison ivy, poison oak jokers,thorn revengers, leaf lickers, pine smellers, twig picker uppers, tenacious turkey followers, bank fishermen or anyone else that wants to enjoy the woods without fear of hunting related accidents a chance to enjoy the publicoutdoors.

Not sure..but whatever the reason, that is the day that was deemed no hunting.
That's funny!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:16 PM

I voted yes but given that there are so many different game animals over such a huge expanse of country there are going to be the hot spots that could be managed better. My pet peeve right now is tha tthe reindeer herds on the south end of Kodiak Island are open year round with no limit. USF&W wants them irradicated from the island yet they've been on the island for longer than any of the other introduced species (blacktail, mtn. goat, elk). It's ridiculous interagency politics at work in game regulation again. I just wish we could all keep the politics out of game management, no matter where you are.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:19 PM

Personally, I just don't understand the logic, and I think Trevor makes a very valid point, "why Sunday, why not Tuesday or some other day?"
I dont know why Sunday is the day that was picked. Remember, this is the way its always been in NJ and many other States. Perhaps it is a Religious thing, if so, I can understand and agree with that.

Perhaps its to give hikers, trail riders, bird watchers, flower pickers, dirt kissers, tree huggers, spider catchers, snake enthusiasts, bark biters, tree climbers, joggers, wildlife wannalookers, stream drinkers, fish finders, squirrel lovers, those with arabbit habit, children that like poison ivy, poison oak jokers,thorn revengers, leaf lickers, pine smellers, twig picker uppers, tenacious turkey followers, bank fishermen or anyone else that wants to enjoy the woods without fear of hunting related accidents a chance to enjoy the publicoutdoors.

It's one of the old Blue Laws. Do some research on how NY got rid of banned Sunday hunting and do the same thing in your state. It's politics, not management.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

not completelly, i wished they would / could do alot more

PA GAME COMMISSION......huh
Old 12-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

It's one of the old Blue Laws. Do some research on how NY got rid of banned Sunday hunting and do the same thing in your state. It's politics, not management.
Separation of church and state....right?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would have to say no. the wisconsin dnr have their heads up their butts. just my opinion
Old 12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Spike

Wisconsin DNR has ruined a great tradition here. Hunting camps used to be full of people with happiness and excitement. Now everyone seems to be upset and grumpy because there is no deer, especially up in the northwoods. I have noticed the last 3 or 4 years have been getting worse and worse, but after this year i will not be buying a gun tag for next year.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

KY. is awesome!!!!!!

I need some help, I can't remember KY. being a two buck state.[&o]

I did not hunt for a few years in the "90"s. Was it a two buck state for a short time then?[&:]

Yes,there was a year or 2 in the early 90's when 2 bucks were allowed.I actually think it was only 1 year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.