Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DNR

Old 12-02-2008, 09:39 AM

Default RE: DNR

NO!NO! NO! The game wardens are a GREAT bunch of guys but I am starting to wander if the ones making the regs. have ever hunted or at least hunted in the last 10 yrs? I will have to at least speak on "MY" opinion for the eastern section of the state. If you have a season this long and especially gun season ( and by the way I gun hunt plenty also) you have got to have a better restriction on bucks. I mean come on...gun hunt from Oct. till Jan.1 with a "4" buck, no size,antler etc. restriction?? You gotta be kiddin. I have lived here all my life and I still think it is ridiculous. They gave us an unlimited number of doe kills but not protecting the small bucks? Now I realize big bucks are not for everyone but our does outnumber the bucks at least 4+ to 1. The biggest problem I have around here concerning the dog clubs is that the tracts of land are so split up they are not large enough to keep the dogs and the deer they are running on the property they have permission tohunt on. So they end up crossing the road and getting on someone elses land where they do not have permission to be. It is not the dogs fault but the owner's.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

It looks as If Minnesota Is one of the few states that the locals are very upset with there DNR.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes and no. Some things I like, some I despise. Probably overall, slightly below average. But that is better than being WELL below average that they were.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutly not.

Too many complaints to list...You guessed it, im from NY![8D]
Old 12-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

[:'(]Is my vote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249
Keep No Hunting on Sundays
Other than religion (I'm assuming people view Sunday as Church day), what is your reasoning for this?

I personally find this rule absurd, what logic stands behind it? Why not no hunting on Saturdays, or Tuesdays? Heck, alot of guys work 6 days a week, and Sunday is their only day off.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

[:'(]Is my vote

Old 12-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

AND,from what I have seen and heard,it seems Ky does a better job with it's money than anyone.No tax dollars(unless donated) either,all their money comes from us,the hunters through our tags and liscenses.Atleast that is the way I understand it.
I hate to break it to you but what you are charged for licenses and tags is a tax levied on you by the government of Kentucky. Sure they don't call it a tax to keep you happy, but it is a tax, that you choose to pay I might add. Licensing and tags are no different then the fees and such you pay at the BMV, and we all know that everyone hates buying their plates, but yet we are all estatic about the opportunity to pay more fees and taxes to our states in order to hunt.

Just a little rant.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.