HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My 08 bow buck (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/276338-my-08-bow-buck.html)

sandilands 12-01-2008 04:47 PM

My 08 bow buck

And here is my 9pt buck I shot on Nov 15.
I had seen this deer on 2 previous sits. He did give one shot opportunity in the first in the first sighting nut I decided not to take it. He went in behind me and I stood and drew on him. He was 12yds 1/4 away...... I let down. He was just too small to take that early. I thought about for some time after though let me tell you.
Now to the Killvest. I had been rattling every 30min or so. I would throw in some tending grunts and a few bleats evry so often..... maybe every 10 min or so.
I saw him approaching down the same trail he had used b4. Making his way though the oaks. Coming right at me. I waited until the right time and stood.... then turned and readied myself for the shot. He came in slow and cautious.
Then he turned....... away from me. I had decided to try and take this buck as so far he was the biggest buck that I seen in shooting range from my stand. I slowly put my hand in my pocket and turned the bleat can over. he muffled bleat worked. He looked right away and started to turn. Now I had him coming right down the trail into my shooting lane.
As he came through a small thicket I turned slightly to prepare for the shot to another shooting lane. My bulky bib pants brushed up against the seat and made the faintest sound. He stopped. I stood there motionless for what seemed like forever. He stood there looking in my direction. After some time he figured all was safe as he started to walk in again. I drew when he stepped behind a tree and waited for him to enter my shooting lane. He walked right in at 15yds. I mouth grunted and he stopped. I released and saw the arrow sink in to the fletchings. He turned and bolted.
I saw no arrow sticking out as he ran and knew I got a passthrough. He wented 70-80yds and stopped. Staggered and tipped over. I sat down and waited anyways for about 30min. I knew my buddy was hunting just down the same treeline and didn't want to ruin his hunt.
Darkness came and my buddy came down the treeline to meet up. I started to climb out and he went right to my buck. He saw him drop in the field too.
Since it was dark we decided to take him home to field dress. Upon feild dressing I found that I had double lunged him.
I cut my own meat and for other guys so I already had 6 deer waiting to cut up that night. When I finally got to cut mine up I weighed the meat and got 105lbs. With that I figure had a liveweight of 230-250lbs.
Well here he is. A mainframe 4x4..... about 2.5yrs old...... with a split G2 on the right side.

NewEnglander 12-01-2008 04:53 PM

RE: My 08 bow buck

great buck congrats..

Vabowman 12-01-2008 05:07 PM

nice! looks cold!

wahoohunter 12-01-2008 05:29 PM

nice buck AnD nice bow;)

MeanV2 12-01-2008 05:34 PM

Congrats on the Buck!

The Buck I shot this year had G2's split on both sides.

Dan

Huntinman23 12-01-2008 05:35 PM

that looks like a cold one! great buck man
[align=left] [/align]

GMMAT 12-01-2008 05:41 PM

Cool buck! And....the pose is so....so....Pseudo AE-ish!:D

Sliverflicker 12-01-2008 05:59 PM

Congrats on the buck.

ksfowler 12-01-2008 05:59 PM

Nice deer, he has a pretty big body. looks a little on the chilly side as well. congrats.

MichaelHunsucker 12-01-2008 07:32 PM

Man, that deer looks a lot like this one: