Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you lose weight/get beat up? >

Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Old 12-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Do you lose weight/get beat up?

I dont lose weight, but i hear what your say. I just ended my deer season, and feel spent, mentaly and physically. Now I can take my time and shot hogs as I need them.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Typical Buck

try shooting a 24 hour bowfishing tournament. It makes deer hunting seem easy on the body. But yes I know what you mean
Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I lost about 20#'s. My hands felt like they've been put through a grinder....and I've had some bad aches and pains along the way.

It was all worth it.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny you mention your hands, Jeff... I was gonna put that in my original post.

After showering and washing with non-scented soap for the better part of two months straight, my hands get to looking like they could just suck up a whole bottle of skin lotion in abouta second and a half.

I know my customers (medical sales) have to wonder what goes on around this time of year the way they start looking... but at least I'm better off than a guy I know in pharma sales who's pretty big-time into mixed martial arts... I can't imagine showing up at the Doc's office on Monday with black eyes and accompanying lacerations trying to detail a drug while he's looking at my face like that.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: buffhntr

try shooting a 24 hour bowfishing tournament. It makes deer hunting seem easy on the body. But yes I know what you mean
Good point. I promise you our annual week long TX bowfishing trip is far and above more taxing than the entire deer season.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

During bear hunting I'll loose at least 5 to 10lbs In only a 7 to 9 day stretch. We really bust our ass's checking baits and hunting. We don't use 4 wheelers for anything, takes the hunt out of It for me. I always seem to find myself at the Chiropractor at the end of bear hunting usually every year from putting and taking down many hang on stands and from carrying 100lbs of bait In and out 15 times a day 1/8 mile Into a woods. Then If someone gets a bear, It's a long drag again on foot (bear drag harder then anything I've ever dragged). I love the work though, It's very rewarding and It's just plain and simple part of the hunt.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Season definitely takes its toll.

It doesn't get any easier as the years go by either

Dan
Old 12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive lost probably 5-8 pounds since sept 15th. Id say its split between muscle and fat, Im definitely thinner but I've lost a lot of muscle mass cause I havent been to the gym since october and I only went 5 times that month... I'm going to get back into my training routine starting tonight Gonna take advantage of the weight loss to trim off some more fat... I have noticed my legs are in much better shape than when I started, however I've also got some back pain now and then and I attribute that to not working out and still lifting stuff like normal...
Old 12-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a bunch of girly men! Just kidding! I recently returned from a 12 day Idaho rifle hunt.Up at 4:15 every morning,walking many miles every day,in bed at 8:00 or 8:30,eating my a-- off and still dropping weight.The hunters version of a buck in rut,all but the sex with many different females part.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah it takes its toll. Work out pretty regularly and keep in pretty good shape. But come hunting season there's no time for any of that. I actually dont mind it cause it forces me to diet and get ripped. Come jan.1st its back to bulkin up!

Quick Reply: Do you lose weight/get beat up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.