Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who is with me

Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 PM

Default RE: Who is with me

buffhuntr-

I'm ridin' shotgun with ya! I haven't taken a single deer yet and I've been almost everyday...I"m picky.

Now that I"m ready to pop a doe for Christmas...I can't find one! hahah go figure!

I'm waitin' for the Big Guy! It's going to happen....
Old 12-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I haven't filled a tag yet this year and I'll be at it every chance I get.
Ditto
Another ditto here! One tag area, I'll be picky for a while yet.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe I will be able to get in 8-10 more hunts this year. I am still hunting for a good buck. I am hoping one of those days one will slip up and show himself during daylight.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Definitely hunting until the last day of the season. Luckily in Maryland we can shoot quite a few deer with a bow and ultimately, hunting season only comes around once a year, make the best of it.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

The fat lady hasn't even begun to warm up yet. Let's get it done!!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

Hell I still have two buck tags for a bow and a rifle tag. I'll be out until something is down. I'm still waiting for the big boy to show.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:24 AM

Quitters never win and Winners never Quit!. Thats what I tell myself each day and I almost feel guilty of I DONT go hunt....unless it is a Daddy -Daughter thing then its all good!

Speaking of my Daughter I was so proud the other day I was talking about where to hunt and she said that SHE WANTED TO GO with no asking on my part. I told no matter what if I was going hunting and she asked she could always and I mean alwaysno matter if it is 10-1 or 11-14 that she could go.

She is 4.5 now so we sat in the Pop up about 200 yards from house. She took her Bow also and soon started asking when can we start shooting buck deer. She had to pee so we dug a hole in the ground inside the blind, cloroed for a few minutes, watched hanna montanna on my blackberry and then got hungry...all in all great hunt all 1 hour of it.. I went back out to my ladder near there and saw two does and a spike that we could have seen from the blind.....
Old 12-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

I agree if you think your chances are slim on killing a deer in your stand that day think what the chances are on the couch
Old 12-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck442

Speaking of my Daughter I was so proud the other day I was talking about where to hunt and she said that SHE WANTED TO GO with no asking on my part. I told no matter what if I was going hunting and she asked she could always and I mean alwaysno matter if it is 10-1 or 11-14 that she could go.
Sorry for helping hijack your threadbuffhuntr but I gotta comment on this:

JB, no matter what you say from here on out, you are ok in my book! Fathers get a nod; Daddys get my respect! During the peak of the rut which happened to fall on the week of the every other week I see my kids for the weekend I had a chance to rearrange it so I could hunt. Then I felt horrible for even considering putting a friggin deer before them. I look forward to or at least hope for the day I can have the day you just did.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hate to say it i quit a few weeks ago. Not for ever just for the season. It got to cold and my coveralls shrunk so my legs were open. Plus someone stole my ladder from my stand that got me just about depressed enough to stop for the year. Then some dogs ran off a big buck right before i was ready to draw down.
Then some issues with getting the title for my truck i am now stuck without a car to go hunting with till feb.

I plan to hit it again next season hopefully with a climber.