Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It's Time to Open Up a Can-O-Whoop-Azz! >

It's Time to Open Up a Can-O-Whoop-Azz!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It's Time to Open Up a Can-O-Whoop-Azz!

Old 11-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default It's Time to Open Up a Can-O-Whoop-Azz!

Reached the halfway point in my season today. (Closes Jan. 31) I have had very minimal "harvest" success. (1 doe) I have had 3 close encounters with bucks. I have hunted hard and determined all season. The last few days have been slow with all the rain and a bum hip joint. I am now about to "bring it" to them as they say. I no longer have the acorns needed to attract to food sources. Our rut is so stretched out down here, they could be chasing and/or breeding at any given time. (Usually late season)

I am about to get a buck with my bow if I have to sleep in his bedding area or lasso his hot doe and tie her to a tree. Not getting impatient at all, just think I need to step it up a notch and get a little more aggressive, yet maintain stealth and tactics. I may be calling for help to get him out of the thickest briar patch in Louisiana, but it will be worth it.

Time to open it up.

LT