Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Reflections of The Season. (Memories From the Field) >

Reflections of The Season. (Memories From the Field)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reflections of The Season. (Memories From the Field)

Old 12-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Reflections of The Season. (Memories From the Field)

Thanks Matt and your welcome. LOL

And seriously guys, I look forward to sharing both mine and your 09 season as well.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:50 AM

You had a great season Rob! Two great bucks with the bow in once season, something I've never done but always wanted to! Congrats again.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

You had a great season Rob! Two great bucks with the bow in once season, something I've never done but always wanted to! Congrats again.

Thank goodness for out of state hunts. PA is a single tag state for bucks. It's my first as well. I hope to repeat it in 09.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great writeup Rob. I'm already looking forward to next year! I gotta find a way to get you up to my camp for spring birds this year, compared to the pressure you guys have to deal with down there it's gonna feel like shooting fish in a barrell.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

It just dosent get any better than good times and good friends great post!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Saw this post last night as I was preparing to check the wind direction for this morning's hunt, but didn't take the time to respond since the alarm was going off in just a few hours...

VERY nice post, bud... GREAT pics, and I'm sure even better memories! What a year, and -- even better -- what a great time with some close friends. Can't wait until next year when we're chasing those speedgoats together!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

VERY nice post, bud... GREAT pics, and I'm sure even better memories! What a year, and -- even better -- what a great time with some close friends. Can't wait until next year when we're chasing those speedgoats together!
That's right, I get to couple that hunt in with all the others. Man 09 is going to shape up quite nicely. I get to shake hands with a few more friends for the first but not last time I hope. Thanks for the reminder Greg.

Thanks guys, each of you. Ya'll are what make the forums and sharing your stories with me and mine with you ups the enjoyment.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

So Rob, did the trespassers show up this morning?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

So Rob, did the trespassers show up this morning?
Oh it's a big to do here lately Rick. LOL

This is how the day went. Yes, they did show up and parked up on the hill behind my garage where I couldn't see their vehicle. Anyway, around 10:30 I see them leave my driveway and now I'm PO'd.

Later I learned they are back so I jump on the ATV and go to look for them and their vehicle is back on the right of way past my garage where they are NOT suppose to park even if they obtain permission.

So I find a guy in orange and mention, I"m looking for the guys in the red cherokee...he says that's me. I inform him last I heard the landowner asked me to ask them to leave so I suggested he do so. Well he puts his finger in my face and says, let me tell you something....so off my atv I go and tell him, "Don't you be stepping up on me" at which point he pushes me on my shoulder......I shoved him back as he grips his rifle and suggested he NOT touch me again. As he lips off I stepped up on him. He says if I step up on him he's going to smack me. I BEGGED him to slap me and he just gripped his rifle and backstepped. We had words claiming he had permission etc....etc... I said I doubt it and will make the necessary phone calls.

I've been in contact with both landowners involved and they thanked me and will be handling it from here. I only did what I was asked and these guys are about as rude as they get.

Whew.

I'm just going to talk to this landowner and lease it up and take care of the posting etc... that will elevate some issues. I really have no dog in the fight other than watching it for my neighbor/landowner. I wasn't hunting but unfortunately they ruined the area for my other neighbor who has permission.

Tomorrows another day.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome thread!

Quick Reply: Reflections of The Season. (Memories From the Field)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.