Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I think I just found my Halloween buck! >

I think I just found my Halloween buck!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I think I just found my Halloween buck!

Old 12-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I think I just found my Halloween buck!

Navy....excellent point.

What if you find a buck a DAY later....with no arrow....wound right where you thought you hit him?

I think that's a fair question.

PT....there's a phot of the buck's head on page 3. For reference...both MB's are 18"+....and the left G2 is broken off.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think your doing the right thing, when you slap a tag on it, its yours and thats how I would look at it. I doubt you really need to go shoot another buck anyways do you? It just all makes too much sense to not be your buck.

Congrats on one nice deer!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:13 AM

I'm not going to read all 11 pages, but there definately some good, valid reasons to put a tag on it. But personally I'd have a hard time putting a tag on a head that I carried out of thetimber.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Dominant Buck

ilcoyote....I certainly can respect your point/opinion, believe me. But "I" would have a hard time (and I discussed this with Rob/PA) shooting another buck, this year.....and knowing in the back of my head I killed one over the limit.

Doesn't that make sense, too?

Again...I can certainly see your point. But would anyone suggest I not tag it....and still not shoot another one? In my opinion.....you can't have it both ways. If I tag it...I'm done. If not....and I kill another one....there's an outstanding chance I killed 3 bucks, this year (which is one more than I am supposed to).
Old 12-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

ilcoyote....I certainly can respect your point/opinion, believe me. But "I" would have a hard time (and I discussed this with Rob/PA) shooting another buck, this year.....and knowing in the back of my head I killed one over the limit.

Again...I can certainly see your point. But would anyone suggest I not tag it....and still not shoot another one? In my opinion.....you can't have it both ways. If I tag it...I'm done. If not....and I kill another one....there's an outstanding chance I killed 3 bucks, this year (which is one more than I am supposed to).
I totally respect your decision to tag it, Jeff ..... I agree with your decision to not shoot a 3rd ... whether you tagged that buck or not ....... you got it, bro ......
Old 12-01-2008, 08:27 AM

The 2 buck limit adds another aspect here thats for sure.

I'll gladly give you the 'most likely' in this case. But everyone pretty much agrees that there really is(at this point) no way to tell 100%.

I'm sure I already know your answer, but would your opinion of possibly shooting another buck this year (call it #3 for ease)be different had you never walked up on the dead one?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

But "I" would have a hard time (and I discussed this with Rob/PA) shooting another buck, this year.....and knowing in the back of my head I killed one over the limit.

You just made a decision by stating this comment. I agree with your decision and would do the same thing. There's always next year for more deer hunting and you finish off this season knowing you tagged as many deer as you shot at...
Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

I totally respect your decision to tag it, Jeff ..... I agree with your decision to not shoot a 3rd ... whether you tagged that buck or not ....... you got it, bro ......
If i was sure the deer was mine, id slap a tag on it and be happier than a pig in poop. This is a success thread,id be through the roof if i foundmy buck a month after. There are obviously more ideal conditions for a kill to happen, but this is the reality ofhunting.

IMO, tag it,mount it and be proudof two great bucks this season.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ilcoyote....Nope. Had I not found this deer.....I couldn't tag it. Finfing it takes away the possibility that it lived. I'd still be buck hunting.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:10 AM

Man sorry to hear about that-but at least you found him!

Quick Reply: I think I just found my Halloween buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.