Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 anyone hear of the bowturbow? >

anyone hear of the bowturbow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

anyone hear of the bowturbow?

Old 12-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: anyone hear of the bowturbow?

I'm curious to know why they didn't put the bow back on the scale to measure draw weight after installing this thing.

You could always add about 10lbs of draw weight and accomplish nearly the same thing for free. They are essentially adding some pre-load to the limbs and probably increasing draw weight. Snake oil IMHO.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its all over archerytalk just look around in the forums. weve been awaiting its release for weeks and now that they put the videos up, people are hating on it. thats at for u most of the time though.
Derek
Old 12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

No different than a roller cable guard.

I wonder if Matthews has grounds for a Cease and Desist order over patent infringement.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

I'd like to know how the guy in the picture of the web site is keeping his release aid from slipping up and popping him in the mouth...

He's got it attached above the arrow nock and it doesn't appear to be a string loop...

Oh, and little does this guy know...He'd gain a little speed by taking one of his two brass nock sets and the rubber tube peep off his bow...[8D]

Mr. Hunter might want to learn how to shoot with both eyes open as well. That whole low light thing and all.
That sure as heck isn't fair. Some people, me included, can't shoot with both eyes open!! I am right handed and left eye dominent. No big deal, I used to be able to shoot with both open. But due to an accident when I was 17, if I try to shoot with both eyes open now, I see doubles. Sure is hard to pick the correct target when there are 2 of them out there!!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I'm curious to know why they didn't put the bow back on the scale to measure draw weight after installing this thing.

You could always add about 10lbs of draw weight and accomplish nearly the same thing for free. They are essentially adding some pre-load to the limbs and probably increasing draw weight. Snake oil IMHO.
I'm no expert but that's the first thing I thought of. If the cable slide doesn't move it will increase the draw weight,I think.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

Over on AT somebody was saying that the holding weight only increased by 1 to 2 lbs.

Working the math backwards
70lb bow w/ 80% cam = 14 lbs holding weight
14+2lbs of holding weight = 16lbs / .2 = 80lb draw weight

They also mentioned that on one of the tested bows the difference in the limb tip position was about 1/4" shorter on each side when using the device. That extra 1/4" of deflection comes at the maximum loading of the limbs so more speed still.

Seems pretty easy to see where all of the extra speed comes from although to get the energy out, you still need to put it in. There is no free lunch.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3207136