Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

quad questions

Old 11-30-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: quad questions

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: MdDave

dont let these jokers give ya crap... get that honda you want lol.... they jus came out for 09 with a rancher, its 420 cc, fuel injected, liquid cooled, power steering.. INDEPENDENT rear suspension. 4*4 an 2*4..... automatic an electric shift... i like the auto sometimes but sometimes i like to change gears to.. best of both worlds...... basically they took every feature there biggest most expensive has an put in on a smaller cc bike.... if i jus didnt buy one year ago i would be all over this new bike... but ill take to big a loss if i try to sell mine...

Bingo. I currently run 5 Honda quads and 2 Yamaha Rhinos at my camp. This year we had a 6th Honda there......500 Foreman ES with power steering. Absolutely the best driving machine I have ever been on. The only very minor complaint is that Honda never offered inependent rear suspension in its small models. Now that they do, no other brand of quad will ever sit in my yard again.

yeah your minor complaint i think was EVERYONES complaint... at least they now listened!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

I have an 05 Honda Rancher. Just a 350 but it gets done what I need it to do. Right now though, I'm really looking at Kawasaki Teryx or Mule or something like that.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an "85" Big Red that my Dad bought for me in Dec. of "84", it still runs like new.[:-] I also bought a 300 4-trax in "95", I still have it and it runs like new.[8D]2 Blaster's, a 250R, a 250X, and a Quadzilla have all came and gone.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 AM

ORIGINAL: _Dan

dont let these jokers give ya crap... get that honda you want lol.... they jus came out for 09 with a rancher, its 420 cc, fuel injected, liquid cooled, power steering.. INDEPENDENT rear suspension. 4*4 an 2*4..... automatic an electric shift... i like the auto sometimes but sometimes i like to change gears to.. best of both worlds...... basically they took every feature there biggest most expensive has an put in on a smaller cc bike.... if i jus didnt buy one year ago i would be all over this new bike... but ill take to big a loss if i try to sell mine...

Bingo. I currently run 5 Honda quads and 2 Yamaha Rhinos at my camp. This year we had a 6th Honda there......500 Foreman ES with power steering. Absolutely the best driving machine I have ever been on. The only very minor complaint is that Honda never offered inependent rear suspension in its small models. Now that they do, no other brand of quad will ever sit in my yard again.

yeah your minor complaint i think was EVERYONES complaint... at least they now listened!
For the abuse I put them through and how reliable they are, I was willing to overlook that aspect.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

So what would that quad run new exactly? Any guesses?

Ryan

Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

im not 100% sure bout this but a guy that bought one here i think paid a hair over 6000 for it.... but dont quote me on that.... the price is a lil high for that cc bike but with all the extras on it i wouldnt be shy of dumpin the money on one... sure you can take the 6k an go to another model of atv with bigger cc's but your not gettin honda dependabilty.......
Old 11-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would your guess be like after taxes and tags and all that?

Ryan

im not 100% sure bout this but a guy that bought one here i think paid a hair over 6000 for it.... but dont quote me on that.... the price is a lil high for that cc bike but with all the extras on it i wouldnt be shy of dumpin the money on one... sure you can take the 6k an go to another model of atv with bigger cc's but your not gettin honda dependabilty.......
Old 11-30-2008, 10:10 AM

Am I the only one who'd buy a late year model (like Jeff), or better yet just buy a used one? Soon as you take that new bike home you loose a substantial amount of money in it, no matter what ANYONE tries to tell you. If you want the peace of mind of buying new, then pay that extra. If you just want a normal 4wheeler to take hunting and go anywhere...get a used, Honda at that. My dad has owned 5 or 6 different Hondas in my lifetime, not a one of them have ever seen a shop. Our Polaris, junk. Our Suzukis, junk. I'm a Honda guy, IMO their reliability can't be beat. We bought our last one new, a 06 Rancher 350, only got 4x2 though. Most people have absolutely no need whatsoever for a 4x4, they just want the decal. Unless you want to go doing some serious, and I mean SERIOUS, mudding or live on the side of a jagged mountain....4x4 is over rated. They don't handle as well, cut as sharp, etc. Ive had my 4x2 in some pits that I wouldn't dream of taking it, and made it out just fine....Just know how to handle a bike.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

m7p--- yes after taxes

tembry- i like the 4*4 for in the snow ..get a foot of snow makes it hard for a 2*4... also like it for security reasons.. its there if needed.... i really like bikes with the option of 2wheel or 4 wheel.. best of both worlds
Old 11-30-2008, 10:19 AM

m7p--- yes after taxes

tembry- i like the 4*4 for in the snow ..get a foot of snow makes it hard for a 2*4... also like it for security reasons.. its there if needed.... i really like bikes with the option of 2wheel or 4 wheel.. best of both worlds
I forgot snow, lol...bear in mind, I live in KY. this snow you guys speak of, the most Ive seen in my lifetime was 5" or so, and it was down to 2" by the end of the day.

Like I said, there are certain situations which 4x4 is needed, but alot of guys simply don't and just think they do or want the 4x4 logo. For my area anyway. We don't have harsh landscape, mud pits can be gone around, and snow doesn't exist....yet 4x4s are everywhere.

Quick Reply: quad questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.