Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Honestly, what would YOU have done ?

Your right,don't ever second guess yourself.If the camera man doesn't care for it,time for a different camera man!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

I let em go all the time.Check out my sig. you know what ya gotta do.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Dominant Buck

There's more drama in this production co. than any soap opera.

Can you show me some more of you guys harvest photos, again???? I'd like to see what the "standard" is.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:52 PM

Seems to me a production company wants footage of deer being taken.

Also seems to me that all you guys are getting is footage of deer being 'passed' on.

For as many deer as y'all seem to see and pass on, it doesn't make sense that something hasn't hit the ground yet.

Probably I would have shot it, but I don't have the pressure of a 'production company' breathing down my neck.

Also, does the company only have one camera and one cameraman?

[&:]
Old 11-29-2008, 10:02 PM

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:10 PM

What's wrong with having the deer on film without taking it? Cool none-the-less. Sounds like your cameraman needs to take a chill pill. Good footage one way or the other in my opinion, especially if it shows that you could have taken it and chose not to.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Dominant Buck

I just thought of something, DT. Post up a link to the pre-roll footage. That conversation HAS to be a classic!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Spike

Sounds like you need a new cameraman. I film for a hunting show and though my standards usually lower when it comes to shooting a deer on camera, if you are the hunter it is your decision to shoot or not too. the cameraman is cameraman, his job is to keep the deer in frame and get good footage. He should show you respect as the hunter in being selective, if spaces were traded then you should do the same for him.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a bad marrage. Divorce the production co and get back to hunting for fun. These videos are all too sensationalized anyway IMO. The best ones are the ones (if you can find them) that show everyday joes on an adverage hunt where you see spikes, forkhorns and an occaisional 120 or better. That damn Jackie Bushman started all this crap with the videos in the first place[:'(].
Old 11-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Depends.... if you're married to the camer person or not.[8D] If you're married to them, you better shoot. If you're just dating... well set the ground rules now. LOL Tell the camera man to stuff it. You're the hunter.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.