Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Honestly, what would YOU have done ?

Just curious what a good camera man earns??It seems like a job without much gloryrequiring morework than the hunter puts in. Why does a guy sit in a tree for 10 hours just to watch someone else shoot? It can't be the bennies..

I know the names of an awful lot of professional hunters but can't recollect even hearing the name of a good film guy. It must be very complicated to do their job well and it must be tough finding a good one.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You work in very close quarters with a guy your not very happy with and sharing the same tree all day long must suck. It must really get tough this late in the season with all the time and effort involved.

I hope to see a little footage in the near future DropTine.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:37 PM

Dude your production company needs to go, I am guessing it is there camera guy and I would tell them he is
not aloud on your property again. Your land your rules....they dont like it see ya. He is there to film period.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:32 PM

Though I think you are gonna get honest answers here, how many of those are relavent to your situation? Meaning...how many guys here are involved in producing hunts? Until you are actually involved in production (ie - have your own money at stake), it is hard to relate.

My honest answers:

1. If the owners really stated no 2.5 yr old harvests, and now they are changing their course and being harsh about it, then you are involved with the wrong company.
2. If you can't get along with the idea of "needing a kill on video", then you oughta rethink being involved with a production company.My prostaffhavepassed some deer that I have not been happy about in the past.
3. There's nothing wrong with someone shooting a 2.5 yr old on or off camera if they so choose just like there is nothing wrong with choosing to pass those deer.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

Though I think you are gonna get honest answers here, how many of those are relavent to your situation? Meaning...how many guys here are involved in producing hunts? Until you are actually involved in production (ie - have your own money at stake), it is hard to relate.

My honest answers:

1. If the owners really stated no 2.5 yr old harvests, and now they are changing their course and being harsh about it, then you are involved with the wrong company.
2. If you can't get along with the idea of "needing a kill on video", then you oughta rethink being involved with a production company. My prostaff have passed some deer that I have not been happy about in the past.
3. There's nothing wrong with someone shooting a 2.5 yr old on or off camera if they so choose just like there is nothing wrong with choosing to pass those deer.
I don't have experience with productions but, business is business. Need to separate the business from the pleasure at some point. OR... work with a staff and company that values the same things you do and will not compromise. I can;t see this happening if money needs to be made and there are only shots at 2.5 yr old buck.

If you were hunting someone elses's land would you care if you shot that same buck?

On the cameraman....I could not hunt with someone I did not like. In this case, if you do like him... I think he made the right call into being a bit upset. If sounds like he is in it for the business reasons.

Good luck however it plays out. I would love to see the vids at some point.

Old 11-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

As much as I enjoy good hunting video's,I find it kinda sad that harvesting these animals has become such a business for so many. I think that we get so caught up in the hype of these videos that many hunters expect to go out and see big bucks on a regular basis. I find it a bit refreshing to see how it really is in the field. It's a struggle to get a mature buck in range. It's reality and people can relate to that.In saying that, if I were you, I would not comprimise my standards. If you don't want to take a 2.5 yr old buck, then you should let him walk. If they get pissed, then they can find another property to film on.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Planter. This cameraman isnt JUST a cameraman, he is also a hunter. We all film and we all hunt, he is just the best at operating the camera, because it is his and he has put forth the effort to learn its functions.

He does the most of our filming and I do most of the hunting, out of our 5 man team.

Correct me if I am wrong.....BUT....there is just one camera and the cameraman that you are talking about goes with it either hunting or filming, right? That's what you said in a previous thread. For all of the effort and scouting and hunting, I'd sure understand at least a little disapointment not to put something down. I agree with the others on it being your choice not to shoot a particular animal, BUT put yourself in the cameraman's place. You openly rag on him for being loud and now for jumping on you for not shooting a deer he thinks was a shooter. Is it possible had expectations that you would take a deer like that and after you passed, he might be thinking he is wasting his time filming? AFter all, its one camera 3 other hunters other than you? Kudos on the management DT, but this guy might feel like he wants his dollar investment in this camera to start paying off instead of being tree deco.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:25 PM

Wouldn't this buck be BIGGER than anything you have ever shot before?[:-]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.