Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should I spend $700 on the Alphamax to gain 30 fps? >

Should I spend $700 on the Alphamax to gain 30 fps?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should I spend $700 on the Alphamax to gain 30 fps?

Old 11-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should I spend $700 on the Alphamax to gain 30 fps?

I'm a guy that has killed with sinew wrapped arrows with flint so you cant change me when it comes to the basics of making a hole in the lungs...

HOWEVER! - I have a drive to dump my 2003 Havoctec Hoyt to buy the Alphamax 32 for 2009. I shoot268 fps @ 68 pounds with my 27.5 inch draw out of my Havoctec. With a heavy gold tip arrow..

Should I spend the 700 bucks to gain the 25 fps? I could careless on the speed...I shot the alphamax with my short draw and pulled 291 fps.

I can drive nails with my Havoctec and will do justice next year too..

BUT...I held the alphamax..I need her...I love her...I shot her...It has a solid wall...

I'm goin for it!!!!! April.

Should I stay or should I go??
Old 11-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Should I spend $700 on the Alphamax to gain 30 fps?

I doubt you're just gaining speed.

Go for it.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Save your money and go back to the sinew wrapped arrows with flint heads out of the Longbow!
Old 11-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats only about what, $25 for ever FPS gained?If you are trying to sell the wife on it, tell her the old one is broken.The FPS gain is a weak arguement, just buy the bow....someone has to jumpstart the economy. [8D]
Old 11-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I doubt you will see an actuall 25 - 30 fps gain but the gains will be reached in other areas along with a LITTLE speed.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

All this AlphaMax talk is making me think ofswitching the name of my "Mathews Fund" to the "AlphaMax Fund".
Old 11-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

When yer talkin 25 fps( I could care less) ..it comes down to wanting it...and the feel of it...and she looks darn good in my hand...and she will be nice to carry for the next 5 years. I'll buy it for that....All things aside...its time to upgrade...to each his own...but thats me..and personally..thats how I roll with my bows..

Did I tell you I stuck a small doe last night with a Osage Stick bow?

Shhhhh...I do that to keep my basic instincts sharpened.

My wife is at her wits end with hangin deer...But she love me.

When the trail cam tells me things...I go out and carry my stick....Its good to keep an even balance.

Anything over 10 months old is Nocturnal in my area.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been wanting a new bow for a little over a year now and stored energy was definately something I was wanting to increase this year.I am starting to shoot lower poundage due to my shoulder(which is feeling great now BUT)and being able to get the same energy as my old bow out of lower poundage was crucial to me and being able to draw it back without injuring myself was key.

The new Alphamax 35 seemed to fit ALL my criteria.Smooth as silk all the way through the draw cycle,stiff but smooth which my shoulder can handle.It balanced great and was rock solid when holding at full draw along with being very quiet.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

All this AlphaMax talk is making me think of switching the name of my "Mathews Fund" to the "AlphaMax Fund".

I would invite you to atleast give it an honest test run in all aspects.I think you will be pleasently surprised.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

$700? Not a chance. There are bows just about as fast for a couple hundred less. For $700 I'm gonna have a rifle with a good scope on it. And 20 years from now it'll still be worth something. And I haven't had a rifle out in 18 years now.

Quick Reply: Should I spend $700 on the Alphamax to gain 30 fps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.