Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Word Is, a Southern buck is down! (Story/Phtoto page 2) >

Word Is, a Southern buck is down! (Story/Phtoto page 2)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Word Is, a Southern buck is down! (Story/Phtoto page 2)

Old 11-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Word Is, a Southern buck is down!

Schultzy….Sorry…didn’t mean to skip you. I hunted with the longbow this AM…..but took the compound this afternoon. I’d have never taken the shot I did with the longbow. SO…..MORE respect to the trad guys.
Jeff, I don't care what kind of bow you used to whack this thing! It don't matter to me one bit, great looking buck and congratulation's regardless If It's a compound or a Traditional kill!! The only reason I asked Is because you said you "cant your bow" and I thought, did he have his longbow? Why did you "cant" your compound anyway? Is It even safe to do that shooting sights on a wheel bow? Or did I read the whole thing wrong and misunderstand? Sorry If I did. Either way, a big congrats to you!!!

No doubt In my mind he's a 2.5 year old. He's a great one at that!! I hope he did some breeding In your area, he's got nice looking stuff.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a hard-earned buck!

GH

Old 11-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Jeff!!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

I looked on the broad head success survey and noticed you used a different broadhead...already mentioned here in the last few pages i know, but do you have a picture of the entrance. Also forgot to mention earlier what did that boy weigh...looks real healthy. congrats again!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

You bubbas are making me hungry! Will you stop? LOL....

I must say, the migration of "Buffalo Wings" made my trip to the south yummy also!

It is the 40th Parallel which determines the north from the south. You are a southern if you live below and a northern if you live above...Despite my western affiliation, I am still a rebel (below the 40th). I think that why I love southern cooking so much!

Jeff, did you shoot a deer?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your buck. Glad your buddy is ok, that could have gotten ugly. Great job bud!

Shane
Old 11-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on getting it done Jeff!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

There's MyTeam Captain
Jeff,glad to see it worked out for you,when you put the time in, not always it'll pay off,most of the time it does. Rest assured it will to those who put in the time. I've done all the sitsyou talk about and this season was a flop for me as I changed jobs and mainly only hunted the rut for the last 2 weeks from sun up to sun down and I actually bailed out a day early yesterday to rest for my holiday starting tomorrow. My hats off to you Jeff,God Bless and good luck on the rest of the season you southerner's get to enjoy.Last day is Sunday up here in good ole ALberta.
Rocky
Old 11-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Schultzy....maybe "cant" was a bad choice. Imagine you're looking at a target almost straight away....and you want to shoot to one side (I told you he was almost facing straight away from me at 4-5 yds). I guess I just leaned that way to try to create more of an angle. Bear with me.....it's the best way I know to describe it. I guess I canted ME. I know I hit exactly where I aimed....just left of the spine and angling as forward as you can from 4-5 yds and 20'. I wouldn't suggest everyone take this shot on a regular basis.....but if I had it to do again....I'd take it again. I also knew where I was. He'd have had to go a GOOD LONG WAYS to get to anything really thick. I'd take the shot again, this afternoon.

I just finished putting a tape on him.....and he surpised me a bit. I told Rob (and he told me) I guessed 90's.....but I didn't know if he would, really.

95-5/8". That's giving him credit for a 1/2" G3 on the left MB. That also HURT me on the H measurement....because I then took the H measurement on the smaller part of the MB (past the 1/2" G3). 6-one....half dozen - other? I guess I could ask the scoring gurus in the contest forum....but for +/-1"....I'm good with what it is.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats. My gut feelings are usually right [8D][:-]

Quick Reply: Word Is, a Southern buck is down! (Story/Phtoto page 2)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.