Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Leaf blower on an oak flat? >

Leaf blower on an oak flat?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Leaf blower on an oak flat?

Old 11-28-2008, 06:29 PM

Default RE: Leaf blower on an oak flat?

Go to your buddies oak flat blow back the leaves, mean,rake up the acorns and blow the leaves back in place, nasty. Take acorns to your flat, PRICLESS!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Dominant Buck

It's why you see deer in yards at night when there are oak trees everywhere in the woods. It's why you see deer feeding along field edges under oaks or in woods roadways under oaks. The pickin's are easier where the leaves don't collect or are cleared off or blow off more easily exposing the fruit. If you wanted to go to all the trouble it would tend to lead them down the golden path. LOL
Old 11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

lol....u have 2 much time on your hands.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Dominant Buck

You guys who don't know the spot.....wouldn't understand. The woodlot is only 6 acres. It's also about 150 yds behind three houses. It's also where I've taken my best two 8 pointers. I think I could do this in less than an hour.....and not gugger things up.

I might give it a go, Sunday....and see what happens. It beats baiting in my book......and the effort involved is minimal.

Rob/Matt/Brknarrow/Will.....Ya'll know the woodlot I'm speaking of.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

Jeff, I think it's a little over-board. If the deer want the acorns, they're gonna get to 'em, even if they are under leaves.
*keep this in mind*

Deer are JUST like people. LAZY. with that said. Would you rather have to dig for your food, or would you rather just roll up and ohh hey there are some acorns laying out.

If you cut a trail through a bedding area, Give it a few weeks, Deer will use it. Their lazy. trust me. I've seen the trail thing done a lot of times.

Ryan.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Typical Buck

Why would you want to make them easier to "find"? Esp. since you are a bow hunter. When the deer have to dig through the leaves it gives us time to do what we have to do.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Why would you want to plant a food plot? Food has to be found by them anyways, right? Why would you take a section of fence down along a pasture fence? They'll jump the whole thing if they need to get over, right?

I can tell you.....there are acorns under the leaves that they're not digging for. Maybe they're easier to get at somewhere else?