Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did you achieve your goals? >

Did you achieve your goals?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you achieve your goals?

Old 11-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Did you achieve your goals?

Good things come to those who wait and wait and wait.................and wait some more!
That's why the "past tense" in your thread question is inappropriate... I'm still waiting.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had a good year. 2 quality public land bucks - taken under tight time constraints. Both deer were directly attributable to observations made back in March. That's the key that really turns the tumblers...

It's just nice to finallyhave all that scouting time pay dividends 7-8 months later.Years like this one go a long way to reassuring my trust in reading the spring/winter sign and knowing that you candial in onquality bucks in March. You just don't get to drag them out 'til fall. LOL

Look out next year.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My goals for killing a buck with a certain rack size didn't happen this year. I took a real nice 8 pointer with my rifle in Minn. His horn might not been as big as I would have liked but my goals of having an enjoyable and successful hunt were achieved. On Thanksgiving I shot a nice 10 pointer in Wis. with my rifle. He will score around 120". As the comercial says, taking him by tracking was " priceless". I still want to give the bow one more shot before I call it quits.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned

Still have a MO bucktag..I'll tell u later
Old 11-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Greg....I just got a LOT closer!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had my best yr yet...... with a bow. All bow. NO rifle or ML.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

I'd say this year has been pretty successful one for me. I really didn't have any goals for the season, but I did want take at least 2 deer with my bow. I have accomplished that so far. I wanted to take a nice buck with my rifle or muzzleloader, but haven't been able to connect yet. One side effect from my posting and lurking here though is that I became a better hunter this year. In years past, my success depended mostly on luck.....I've never been very good at knowing without a doubt where and when a deer would walk a given area. I read several threads here where folks would post a topo map and ask for advice on where to set up. I learned a few things this year and to my delight, I actually pulled off 3 set ups where I was all but certain how the deer would travel through an area, what directions to look for deer in and roughly what time I thought they'd move through. I connected twice and just missed a 3rd time. I still have a ML buck tag and a bow buck tag, so hopefully I'll have to come back and edit this post!

GH
Old 11-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

I wanted to kill a doe, which i did on Oct 16th. Plenty good meals ahead with that. I wanted to Kill a good Buck, If i'm not mistaken i said in the other post that i wanted to kill a buck in triple dights, hopefully over110" well i did do that also. Plenty of good meals coming from that also. Now if My son (8 Years OLD) can kill a Buck in rifle season My season will end on a tremendous High.However just being out there hunting has been a great experience and a wonderfull time. It will be even better sitting in the two man stand with my8 year old Son even if he doesn't kill anything.

Even if i should passaway the day after the first day of rifle season, i can say that this was a great life and i know that my son will carry on the hunting tradition. last year CJ was sitting in that same two man ladder standwith I, watching Dad kill a Buck in rifle season for the first time (watching),then CJ asked DAD if we can do this again next year.
(its almost here)

So in a bunch of different ways this season has been a great season, and the best is yet to come.

Sorry i got a little emotional, Its been a great season!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, i have not. My goal was to harvest a decent buck, and so far that has not happened. Ive come closer then any year before, but i haven't sealed the deal yet.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

NO, and I just went to check the freezer to lay something out for tonight and my wife failed to tell me we are very low on deer meat. We eat it almost daily and have not purchased beef in a few years. This is the lowest we have gotten in a while and the next doe I see gets it. As for my big boy...you know the story and if I do not get another chance I had the one I needed, so I can cry but I cannot be mad.

Quick Reply: Did you achieve your goals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.