Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did you achieve your goals? >

Did you achieve your goals?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you achieve your goals?

Old 11-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Did you achieve your goals?

Here isthe picture of the three. The larger 10 point is at the tree 22 yards away. The two fighting areanother 10 and an 8. I have seen these deer several times. The larger 10 was chasing a doe last time.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x265/Bowhunter2001/Oct6008.jpg

Old 11-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter2001

I have let 37 deer walk this year so far. The largest is a perfect 10 140" buck. I have had several other 10's and 8' not quit as big walk. I have a picture of a 10 or larger with a 3 to 4 inch kicker on his G2. I haven't seen him yet. Depending on his width, I may wack him because I like kicker and drop tine bucks. I bow hunt my 135 acre farm by myself. I have some standing corn and beans plus 5 other food plots just for my deer. Gun hunting around me was very slow this year compared to years past. I usually go up and police my ground during gun season. I took a picture of the 140" 10, the 130" 10, and the 125" 8 all within 22 yards of me. I will try to post it here. My friends think I am crazy but I want to kill a 160" plus or I will let them walk. I have pictures of most of these deer. I have jumped up at least 50 turkeys twice now. I have seen pheasants and quail each time I hunt. I haven't killed anything but I watching my property become and its wildlife makes it a success for me.
You're not crazy at all. If you let them have another year, chances are one of them will meet your expectations next season. Hang in there.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

I don't have much hunting pressurearound my farm. My neighbors have the QDM philosophy I do. I have owned my property for going on 6 years now. The future looks bright.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:27 AM
bigcountry

Sure, I met my goals. Hunted quite a bit, saw some deer, and was able to climb a stand and pull back a bow.

I think alot of us take for granted that some people would love to be able to sit in the woods in a tree, and be able just to pull back a bow. Everytime I get down, I have to remind myself of this.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Sure, I met my goals. Hunted quite a bit, saw some deer, and was able to climb a stand and pull back a bow.

I think alot of us take for granted that some people would love to be able to sit in the woods in a tree, and be able just to pull back a bow. Everytime I get down, I have to remind myself of this.
You beat me to it! Perfect.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am moving in the right direction. I went to Africa and killed eight animals with my bow when I was told I wouldn't kill one. I never gave the rifle a thought. Hunting free range in the East Cape will challenge the best.

I finally killed a nice axis deer wth archery gear, and added a nilgi which I never expected. It took me eight years and nine attempts to slay this beast.

I took a terminally ill cancer patient for pronghorn, elk and mule deer. He successfully harvested all three while under my care.

I wanted the lads from England (Dave Bailey & Gary Rawlings) to have the best elk hunting/America experience possible. I think they did. There were a few from HNI who joined us. They had fun as well...some elk werekilled while several were missed. Laughs were had by all.

Help three real good friends kill gators in Florida-one of which is like a father to me! I would not have missed that for the world!

I put a cow elkin myfreezer, put severalpronghorn/whitetail doesin freezers for families with foster children, and I kill my first Colorado white-tailed deer with a bow (whitetail along the front range are rare-sort of like hunting moose in Florida). I stalked two turkeys and killed them from the ground.

I went and met Jeff and Lisa Venable and had the time of my life-despite a very sore ankle. I was even lucky enough to kill a N. Carolina Tit Deer ( a species I haven't taken). That was a bonus. I thank the Venables for their generosity!

I still have open tags in S. Dakota and N. Mexica (start that hunt Jan. 1st for a desert mulie).

I still have an archerybuffalo hunt in Wyoming on Dec. 6th-7th.

If I can complete these last three, I'm there!This year has given mesome fun journeys regardless!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I did, my 1st season with the Longbow and my 1st kill with it!

Old 11-28-2008, 06:52 PM

not by a long shot!!
Old 11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

I'm in the ballpark.

I've shot 2 does with the bow, and a young 120ish 8pt that I thought was bigger. [:@]

My goal is to take 4 does with a bow. I still have a good chance at that.
I am hunting a new property to me, and I wanted to take this year to learn about the area, and see how the deer use it. I've learned tons, and look forward to the late season. I'm extremely interested to see how the deer use our property in the late season.

Good luck to everyone!

PS-Greg, are you done for the year? Does to shoot? A buck in WI? Just curious.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

I've found a new goal after this evening's hunt. Now I need some patience and lots and lots of luck!

Quick Reply: Did you achieve your goals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.