HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I converted a Hippie!!!!...yay (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/275726-i-converted-hippie-yay.html)

Nubby_Stalker 11-27-2008 05:33 PM

I converted a Hippie!!!!...yay

Yay me!!

After 3 years of trying to get her ( my girlfriend ) to just sit in my stand with me for anything, she finaly broke down and went gun hunting this year with me....

....and looky what she did opening day during an evening sit.....

She was sitting on an open rock fence line and this little deer came within 6 YARDS of her across an open field!!

She was using a single shot 20 ga. and I thought she was going to have a heart attack after the shot...lol

Score one for the hunters, one more dirt worshiping, tree hugger we aint ever going to have to worry about ever again....she even wants to try turkey hunting this spring.....I done created a monster.

Lucky me.

stikbow26 11-27-2008 05:37 PM

RE: I converted a Hippie!!!!...yay

Congrats to your girlfriend on her first and congrats to you for keeping on her and converting her!! Good luck with the turkeys!!Walt

Nubby_Stalker 11-27-2008 05:56 PM

We're going to vid the turkey hunts....will be my second with a bow.....her first ever along with the oldest girl...

Crowkilla 11-27-2008 05:57 PM

Way to go on the convert! Also, big time congratulations to her on her first deer!! I can hear her now going back to her hippie friends and telling them about it:

HippieConvert- "Dude...I shot a deer today man."
Hippie Friends - "WTF!? Deer are our friends and they love us and we love them. Why did you kill a little bambi?"
Hippie Convert - "No dude, you're wrong. Believe it or not Bambi was just a cartoon.Huntin is totally rad man.You don't understand."
Hippie Friends - "Dude, how dare you call Bambi a cartoon. That's not cool man. Not cool at all. What if I called you a cartoon?"
Hippie Convert - "Seriously dude, Bambi was a cartoon. Not real dear."
Hippie Friends - "No s***?! Bambi wasn't real?"
Hippie Convert - "No man, just a cartoon. Here's the real kicker - they don't talk either."
Hippie Friends - "No s***?!?! They don't talk and play with the butterflies?"
Hippie Convert - "Nope. That Walt Disney bastard was a liar."
Hippie Friends - "Well WTF? All this time I thought they talked. Can we come next time?"
Hippie Convert - "Yeah, you can totally come. Just don't wear any patchouli. Deer smell really good. You know, like if you had athousand noses all over your head. That's how good."
HippieFriends - "I had a thousand noses last time I tripped. Maybe I was a deer in a past life."
Hippie Convert - "Yeah man, maybe so."

In all seriousness, congratulations on the deer and to your girlfriend. ;)

Nubby_Stalker 11-27-2008 06:01 PM

Crowkilla....I just spit coffee all over my surfboard....dats some funny chit man....