Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oppps that ant good >

Oppps that ant good

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oppps that ant good

Old 11-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Oppps that ant good

Two weeks ago I was walking out with my pop up it had been raining for to days.
I had the 28 pound blind and my pack back with say 15 pounds of stuff in it on my back. I slipped coming up a shallow creek bed now this thing is like 8 inchs deep and 2 feet wide. When i did i popped my bad knee and high extended it again. I almost went down but the tree next to me helped me stop my self.

After getting knee surgery in Jan of 08 i have took great care in making sure not to hurt it. I have notice some of the a pain coming back but not to much.

Well after the hunt it has gotten worst. Today after 5 or 8 hikes up the stairs standing around and sitting on the floor to fix my sink pipe. IT was killing me. I went to sleep for a few hours and woke up to real bad pain.

My first thought is i broke more cartilage in the same knee. It is not as bad as before but getting there. I thought about going to the doctor but i know what he will say. Lets get another MRI then lets do another surgery.
But not sure i want to or should. I mean i am 430 pounds 6'5 just how much better is it going to get. Got to admit it scares me alot. My thoughts are wait till i drop another 50 or 60 pounds. Then think about the surgery. Odd thing when i had surgery i lost 10 pounds in a month i was laid up. Might have been because i had my food fixed for me and i ate less.

What would you do. I worry it i wait even drop 50 pounds then this summer or fall i have to get it done it will hurt me come hunting season.
It took me 3 1/2 weeks to get off crutch's the first time. 2 more months before i was able to really move good. What should i do.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Oppps that ant good

If ya cant exactly move your gonna have a hard time dropping that 50-60 lbs!?? I would get it checked out if it is bothering you bad enough to do so!!

Going by the fact that your asking us what to do is telling me that it must not hurt too awful bad? Best of luck to ya!!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

normally it does not hurt unless i am walking up or down stairs or sitting say on the floor with my legs crossed. Seems to only hurt when i have the bent for some time or bent over and over going up or down stairs. Heck last year i hunted all year even in my tree stand no proplems except the drive home i would have trouble picking my leg up and pushing the brake when it would hurt.
ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

If ya cant exactly move your gonna have a hard time dropping that 50-60 lbs!?? I would get it checked out if it is bothering you bad enough to do so!!

Going by the fact that your asking us what to do is telling me that it must not hurt too awful bad? Best of luck to ya!!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

430 pounds??? Wow, that's a lot of weight to put on a bad knee. Maybe you should look into the stomach banding thing. I know two people that did it within the past year and both are really doing great. Loosing weigh, getting exercise, more energy, lower blood pressures and all sorts of bennies. Some people just need that help. Their matabulism won't let them loose weight and keep it off. Just talking to myself is all.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I looked into it had the surgery date set but i moved 200 miles from the doctor so i had to wait. I lost 30 pounds in two months. I have been dropping ever since aug 21st. I goal is 400 by the first of the new year. But i worry with two big dinners this month i might have gained alittle back
ORIGINAL: davidmil

430 pounds??? Wow, that's a lot of weight to put on a bad knee. Maybe you should look into the stomach banding thing. I know two people that did it within the past year and both are really doing great. Loosing weigh, getting exercise, more energy, lower blood pressures and all sorts of bennies. Some people just need that help. Their matabulism won't let them loose weight and keep it off. Just talking to myself is all.