HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Buckmaster & Matt/TN get it done on Thanksgiving morning. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/275674-buckmaster-matt-tn-get-done-thanksgiving-morning.html)

buckmaster 11-27-2008 08:42 AM

Buckmaster & Matt/TN get it done on Thanksgiving morning.

Matt arrived here Monday night to hunt through Thanksgiving with me... And hunted we have. With no success to be seen other than the doe I grazed Tuesday evening. Matt had yet to see a VA deer while hunting until yesterday at dark we spotted a couple as the ran out of the field.

So wanting a deer, as Matt was low on deer meat, this morning brought the decision to take out the rifle. I carried the camera as I had for the last two days. I was determined to get Matt on a "deer". This morning brought perfect conditions as we slipped through each field edge hoping to see something crossing. Sure enough, we spotted a good looking doe in the middle of the field and she was on the move.

I told Matt we couldnt take the shot where she was standing, so we slipped down the edge of the field, staying a step ahead of her, she spotted us couple times but never even knew what we were. We got in line with a safe shot and she came within 85 yards and Matt let her have it. She took off, I was trying to film it but couldnt get focused in time, and he didnt want her to get away.

As she took off and was getting light headed, she spun a couple of times and the she became a He.[8D]

I dont know what it is with the Out-of-state hunters and their spikes, but I wouldnt have done it any differently even if we knew it was a spike. ;)

Weve had a good time for sure, and were headed back out this evening where we have a good idea where theirs a couple bedded.:)

_Dan 11-27-2008 08:53 AM

RE: Buckmaster & Matt/TN get it done on Thankgiving morning.

Good times and good friendships.....that's what hunting is about.

Congrats guys!

Siman08/OH 11-27-2008 08:56 AM

Great stuff guys!!

MeanV2 11-27-2008 08:57 AM

Congrats!!

Dan

5 shot 11-27-2008 09:07 AM

Congrats on the spike. I got "skunked" this morning but I can't complain it's been a pretty good season. I agree that's what hunting is all about, friends family, and good times and it looks like you fellers are having a great time.

GMMAT 11-27-2008 09:21 AM

Good stuff, guys;)

Thought it was gonna happen here. Saw two 8 pointers and a doe. She led them the wrong way at the last minute.

I know you guys have had fun. Congrats on the deer!

NY/Al 11-27-2008 09:25 AM

Great job guys! Sounds likea sweet hunt for sure!

Matt/TN 11-27-2008 10:46 AM

Thanks guys, it's been a LOT of fun. We've had a blast.

I also think I speak for the both of us when I say we're wore out ;)

It will definately be a memorable couple of days and we're already trying to plan it again, next year. Probably a little earlier in the year though.

We're going to head out this afternoon for one last hunt.

Jeff, were the 8pts, shooters?

GMMAT 11-27-2008 10:53 AM

I...FOR SURE.

At this point in my season.....The other would've probably gotten an arrow, too.

buckmaster 11-27-2008 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I...FOR SURE.

At this point in my season.....The other would've probably gotten an arrow, too.

What? We lower our standards as the season progresses??[:-]:D