Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds >

Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM

Default Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

Well Last night i was at the shop and had some time to play with these bows and see what they could really do. And found some interesting information.

First the numbers. I put 2 different arrows through each bow and came up with some very good numbers.

Mathews Reezen 6.5 @ 29" Draw
350grn Arrow @ 60lbs = 295fps
520grn Arrow @ 70lbs = 269fps

Hoyt Alphamax32 @ 29" Draw
350grn Arrow @ 60lbs = 285fps
520grn Arrow @ 70lbs = 260fps

Ok so now this is where this gets interesting we decided to check the AMO Draw length on each bow. First up was the Hoyt Alphamax32...It measured dead on at 29", we also measured an Alphamax35 we had and it was also dead on at 29". BUT when we came to the Reezen 6.5 it measured in at 29.5" Not the 29 like its supposed to be, and the same for a second Reezen 6.5 we had in the shop. So once again mathews draws are coming in longer than they should be which would tighten the speed range to about only 5fps difference if the Reezen 6.5 was a "TRUE" 29" Draw, not the 10fps difference like my findings.

I am curious to see if the same is true for the McPhearson Monster Bows that are coming in, if they have longer draws than what they are advertised and marked. I will be sure to check that when we get in the McPhearson Monster XLR8 that we have ordered.

Now as for the draw cycle on the Reezen, I have to say it was quite rough at 70lbs and didn't allow for much if your draw creeped a bit. It really wanted to roll back over. There was also some noticeable handshock and vibration from the string, Not a ton but there is some there. But hey all that speed had to come from someplace right?

Now all I can say is WOW when I come to the Alphamax 32 and 35. They both are great shooters with a very smooth draw and dead steady in your hand on the shot, and quiet after the shot. And the lighter mass weight is a real dream come true. Finally Hoyt has listened to their customers and lightened their bows up.
I think the Alphamax is Hoyts best offering in years and will be a real challenger to Mathews and Bowtech.

I just thought I would share these findings with every one. Just an FYI I have no dog in the fight. I am a Bowtech shooter and not a fanboy of either of these manufacturers.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:07 AM

Default RE: Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

That's a good review. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

I came up with similar results this past weekend. Posted in in a thread here someplace....nobody noticed . Well, I didn't compare the Amax, but used my Vectrix instead. About a 10-12 fps difference, and my bow was a 28" draw, while the Reezin was a 29". I didn't get to check all the specs on the Reezin though. So my numbers with that bow I personally don't take as written in stone. I liked the Reezin, just don't think I liked it more than the Amax 32 I fired a few weeks back.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an AlphaMax 35 on order. Cannot wait to get in and play!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:03 AM

Stop...PLEASE stop...LOL I'm trying to convince myself NOT to get an Alphamax.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Kickin_buck you will be a very happy bow owner when you get that i believe. I almost ran out of there with the black/APG one our Hoyt Rep brought in. LOL!!! A very sharp looking color scheme.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:07 AM

I checked one out too. I could see me shooting one, but the $800 price tag most likely keeps me shooting my current bow.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Kickin_buck you will be a very happy bow owner when you get that i believe. I almost ran out of there with the black/APG one our Hoyt Rep brought in. LOL!!! A very sharp looking color scheme.
I ordered the full black out. I am a Mossy Oak fan and it kills me right now that my Katera XL is in Realtree AP. I am looking forward to playing around with it, not sure what it is going to be used for yet, but I am sure I will find a purpose for it. I find it hard to believe that it is going to out shoot my Katera XL, this bow has been the best bow I have ever wrapped my hands around.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Alphamax and its pretty sweet!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

These kind of threads usually end up making me POOR. I want an Alphamax soooo bad.

Quick Reply: Reezen 6.5 vs Alphama32 Findings and Speeds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.