Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NEW WORLD RECORD 2 YEAR OLD BUCK??? >

NEW WORLD RECORD 2 YEAR OLD BUCK???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEW WORLD RECORD 2 YEAR OLD BUCK???

Old 11-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NEW WORLD RECORD 2 YEAR OLD BUCK???

I had a very similar experience several years ago.Went and checked my doe in that field dressed 139#'s and the taxi that was checking it in was taking all the jaw bones that he collected that year and sending them to the state for analsis.

They found that just about all the deer that he was mounting were 2 1/2 and some of these were scoring up into the150's if my memory is correct.I do remember for sure him saying that the biggest deer he had at the time was a 170" netbuck that was only 3 1/2.

My doe was only 2 1/2.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm calling BS on you calling BS. I think you just like calling BS.

No, seriously it does seem very much out of the norm. It doesn't mean though that it's not possible. Now if someone said he was born with a 100 inch rack then yes, I'm calling BS too.
No, it just takes a lot for me to believe something.
And it's VERY out of the norm for a deer to get to 132" at 2 1/2 years old, and to top that with 260 pounds, I'm not trusting him.

I believe you

Check out this buck, he was over 200" at 1 1/2 and look at him at 2 now.
It doesn't make sense.
Click on sudden impact 2008 2 yrs old

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1258426438

That's also in a pen
Old 11-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

I hear tell there was a very impressive 3 1/2 killed in Biggar Sask. around 1993[:-]
Old 11-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vmartin

first, one deer caught my eye, it was a boone and crocket buck with a third 8" spike comming out of the middle of his forehead like a unicorn,
BS

Any deer having more than two separate antlers is inelegable for entry into the B&C records. So having a three antlered whitetail that is also a B&C deer is quite completely and totally BS.

I've never read anything from a reputable source that said the Hanson buck was definately 2.5 years old. I'm not saying it isn't... but I've never heard it anywhere but on internet forums where rumor is standard fare.

Moreover.... if a deer needed another year just to possibly be a state record... how in the heck can you consider it a world record?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:22 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 5575gb

I believe you

Check out this buck, he was over 200" at 1 1/2 and look at him at 2 now.
It doesn't make sense.
Click on sudden impact 2008 2 yrs old

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1258426438
With the right genetics and abundance of nutrition and minerals, anything is possible. Wonder if these freaks are being reared on those two factors alone or if they've seen the needle a time or two?
Old 11-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

wow, swamp collie. you are kind of getting bold, i wonder if you are like that in person? for me to use the term boone and crocket is saying it was atleast 172" on his main rack. the third spike coming out of the middle of his head was for real, it is one of a kind.

saying "world record" was refering to what the taxidermist said that if it had made it to the 3rd year it would have been a record deer, plus i was wondering if it was the largest 2 year old in history, i don' t know.

it sound like you just need a beer!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

The buck I killed last year in KS scored almost 220" and was only 3.5 so I believe a 2.5 year old could be over 170 for sure, especially in KS.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guys must be hunting a different Kansas than I do, because around hereit would take a "1 in a million"kind of18 month old buck, tomake 130" in the wild. Even a 2.5 year old buck to make 130" would be a "Top 5%" buckfor it's age.

Like was said previously, until someone has front incisors cross-cut & counted under a microscope...it stays a fish story.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vmartin

wow, swamp collie. you are kind of getting bold, i wonder if you are like that in person? for me to use the term boone and crocket is saying it was atleast 172" on his main rack. the third spike coming out of the middle of his head was for real, it is one of a kind.

saying "world record" was refering to what the taxidermist said that if it had made it to the 3rd year it would have been a record deer, plus i was wondering if it was the largest 2 year old in history, i don' t know.

it sound like you just need a beer!
I'm about as non-confrontational a person as you'll likely meet. But I will be the first to pull a BS card on someone when it comes to it as well.

I'm a measurer for B&C.... so when you said a B&C animal with three antlers... you got BS'd. If you would have said a deer with 170" of horn on his head.... well... there you go. But if that deer was certified as a B&C.... I'd like to know the measurers name and #... or well should I say that Jack will get to him soon enough...

Anyway, sorry if you took it as harsh... you said feel free to call BS... I did.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:05 PM

I have one seen a deer shot with another horn growing in the center of its head. My dad shot it. Swamp collie are you saying that if this happens the third horn that it cant make B&C

Quick Reply: NEW WORLD RECORD 2 YEAR OLD BUCK???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.