Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guided or not? No right or wrong answer >

Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

Old 11-24-2008, 02:45 PM

Default RE: Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I've never.. and likely never will.

But I don't really care what another does.

I mean.. I might call you a sally behind your back.. but otherwise what do I care what some other hunters skirt looks like.

(c'mon.. it was funny and you know it.)
Probably a good thing, you couldn't handle the temps north of the border.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I mean.. I might call you a sally behind your back.. but otherwise what do I care what some other hunters skirt looks like.

I knew you couldn't resist.

Canada doesn't count.. since it's law and there's no way around it. One day I will get up there my self.

And I have pics for you if you want them.. a couple good ones with G. Miller and you in them.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do it all myself for whitetail, did go on a guided bear hunt this summer, and it was all that I was looking for and more! I plan on going back next year.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 PM

Canada doesn't count.. since it's law and there's no way around it. One day I will get up there my self.

And I have pics for you if you want them.. a couple good ones with G. Miller and you in them.
I had to! I knew you were waiting for it! LOL

I'd love to see them man!

You going back down with JZ to film him in December?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'd consider doing a guided hunt to Canada for one of those 300 pound whitetails though.
In some places I don't think one has a choice If they want to hunt whatever It Is there hunting. Canada's one of them places as far as I know that you have to be guided. I'd love to go there myself.
For those that would not go to Canada because they are strictly DIY hunters are missing the boat in a big way. I just got back from Alberta yesterday and leave for Saskatchewan next Monday...both with outfitters. There is something about seeing whitetails all across this country in the different habitats they live in that has me addicted....guided or unguided.

I was just curious as how many actually do It and there experiences, nothing more.

Any luck In Alberta? How did It compare to your Illinois hunt?

Good luck In Saskatchewan also!!
Old 11-24-2008, 02:56 PM

I'd consider doing a guided hunt to Canada for one of those 300 pound whitetails though.
In some places I don't think one has a choice If they want to hunt whatever It Is there hunting. Canada's one of them places as far as I know that you have to be guided. I'd love to go there myself.
For those that would not go to Canada because they are strictly DIY hunters are missing the boat in a big way. I just got back from Alberta yesterday and leave for Saskatchewan next Monday...both with outfitters. There is something about seeing whitetails all across this country in the different habitats they live in that has me addicted....guided or unguided.

I was just curious as how many actually do It and there experiences, nothing more.

Any luck In Alberta? How did It compare to your Illinois hunt?

Good luck In Saskatchewan also!!
I knew that Steve. I was just stating my opinion because I have been on both sides of the fence, not just one.

Killed a nice Mulie and missed a big whitey. Totally different hunting than Illinois. Big woods, lower deer densities and different styles. I plan on doing both again next year.

Thanks buddy, I'm looking forward to the SK hunt in a big way!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to! I knew you were waiting for it! LOL

I'd love to see them man!

You going back down with JZ to film him in December?
Send me a pm with your email and I'll start sending you a few at a time since they are big files.

And as far as Illinois.. I don't think we will. I'm out of tags for the state so its up to JZ.. but I think he wants to stick it out at home and please his wife.

But if he decides too.. we are there.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been on a guided hunt. I enjoy doing things myself, but also some of it is that I couldn't afford a guided hunt - not that way I like to hunt anyway (don't want to be limited to 5 days or whatever)...

When I draw an extremely hard to draw elk or sheep tag, I'll have to at least consider it I suppose...
Old 11-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

I've never been away anywhere hunting other than my home area and a few jaunts to VT. I dont have a problem with either, especially if you're dropping some big coin to hunt. I've noticed a couple have said they DIY when they go. How does one just roll into another state and automatically have land to hunt? Just wondering since this would keep the cost factor down on a possible trip to the land of giants.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I was going out west, personally I'd like an outfitter.

I know nothing about horses, or mountains or grizzly bears or elk. I wouldn't mind paying someone to be along who did.

Just me.

Quick Reply: Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.