Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Guided or not? No right or wrong answer >

Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

Old 11-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

I've seen allot of nice bucks shot this year here In the bow hunting forum, congratulation's to you all!! Just curious as to how many of you all go on guided hunts. I have no problem with anyone that does. Just curious as to how many of you do. For those of you that go on these guided hunts, was It what you expected?

Again, congratulation's to all of you who scored on nice bucks this year (Guided or non guided).
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

Non-guided on a private ranch in MT.

The onlyguided hunt I've ever been on was Quebec for Caribou.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:52 PM

Non-guided. Prefer it that way. I did a guided hunt a number of years back and it left me less than satisfied.

I'd consider doing aguided hunt to Canada for one of those 300 pound whitetails though.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd consider doing a guided hunt to Canada for one of those 300 pound whitetails though.
In some places I don't think one has a choice If they want to hunt whatever It Is there hunting. Canada's one of them places as far as I know that you have to be guided. I'd love to go there myself.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I'd consider doing a guided hunt to Canada for one of those 300 pound whitetails though.
In some places I don't think one has a choice If they want to hunt whatever It Is there hunting. Canada's one of them places as far as I know that you have to be guided. I'd love to go there myself.
I want to go too. A guy I know just got back. He took a 300 pound plus deer that scored in the 170's.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

For those that would not go to Canada because they are strictly DIY hunters are missing the boat in a big way. I just got back from Alberta yesterday and leave for Saskatchewan next Monday...both with outfitters. There is something about seeing whitetails all across this country in the different habitats they live in that has me addicted....guided or unguided.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:22 PM

I've been to Illinois 4 times, all DIY hunts with a success ratio of 50%. That's not bad odds! You don't have to use an outfitter to have a great hunt.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never.. and likely never will.

But I don't really care what another does.

I mean.. I might call you a sally behind your back.. but otherwise what do I care what some other hunters skirt looks like.

(c'mon.. it was funny and you know it.)
Old 11-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do the same as DC. I either hunt with friends (this year) or do DIY hunts.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been to Illinois 5 years now and killed 4 of them all DIY hunts on private ground. But I do not have anything agaist someone hunting with a guide just not for but I would not not go to Canada because of it, If I get a chance to hunt across the border a I will jump at it. Walt

Quick Reply: Guided or not? No right or wrong answer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.