Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer of a lifetime >

Deer of a lifetime

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer of a lifetime

Old 11-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Default Deer of a lifetime

well guys i saw the deer of a lifetime yesterday at 11:00.... he was walking right to his scrape that is staked out 15 yrds from my tree stand... i was gettin ready to draw my bow and my cell phone vibrated... this was the first time I hunted the stand

he wasn't real scared and took two giant leaps and walked out of the area... he never looked up at me

he has 4 scrapes and probably 30 fresh this year rubs in my general area... he is here and he comes there often

I realize that nobody knows besides God but did i scare this buck and will he be back?

Old 11-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer of a lifetime

I bet the phone is turned off next time!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would get back in there once the wind is favorable and find out. I dont think he should be too spooked.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

EVERYONE needs to put their phones on silent!!!!!!! The first buck I ever killed my wife called me when he was 5 yards from my stand and he heard the phone vibrate. It almost cost me that little 7 point....never ever again have I had my phone on vibrate in the woods..I am not an emergency on call phsyician!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

I always have my phone on silent and just check it every so often. I would love to just leave it in the truck, but with my line of work, I need to be available during business hours.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

always on silent for me...and I check every so often
Old 11-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always have it on silent
Old 11-24-2008, 01:00 PM

Had a shot last year at a small buck during firearm season and my son called me right as I was pulling the trigger. I have the phone on vibrate and in my chest pocket. I went off and I jerked up. Clean miss, right over his back. God was I mad but, he was going to suprise mom with diner and was asking a question. Can'tbe mad at him when he is taking care of things at home.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Slightly off topic, but the last time a vibrating cell phone affected me is when a buddy called and my phone, which was in my pocket, vibrated just as I was wiring up a new celing fan and had my hands on the hot wires. Yes, the power was secured, but I HATE electricity and thought I had been shocked into next week.
Funny to me now, not then.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

seems bizzare a deer would he that vibrating from 15 yards... Mine produces a vibration thats is barely audible... from now on turn it off or put it on silent...

Quick Reply: Deer of a lifetime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.