Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So you'll pay $2 Grand+......... >

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Old 11-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

I understand Jeff's point.this thread brings to mindthe old Meadowlark Lemon from the Harlem Globetrotters, remember him? Plenty of talent, no doubt about it... butman...the same game, same opponent, same court, same outcome...At what point do you switch it up?
When it starts getting old and or I start to lose that fire in my belly to do it. I am not knocking what you do. I think all the kills that you have is quite an accomplishment. HOWEVER I am on the other end of that spectrum. Shooting a striped horse doesn't float my boat. I would love to go on an elk hunt but at this point I would have to forego a whitetail hunt to do it and at this point in my hunting journey; big whitetails is what is what I love to hunt. Big whitetails are what have filled my dreams since I was a child. I don't have the desire to go hunt anything but big whitetails. When/if that gets old, I will look for something else to get me as exited as whitetails do now.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:37 PM

not me!

rick
Old 11-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Dominant Buck

PT....dang! How many times do I have to explain it, though?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

What I find mildly irritating are the ones who would talk down or discount another's choice to go there.....yet they'll say nothing (or heck....even do it, themselves) to their buddy who pays $2K to hunt an animal that's ranging freely out his back door.
To play devil's advocate....why would someone pay $6k+ to hunt Africa when they could do 3-4 guided whitetail hunts (or 10+ DIY)in different regions of NA for the same price as one african safari?

That said, I agree for the most part. I think Africa would be cool, as would hunting a 300 lb Canadian Whitetail. It's all about the hunting for me, I love seeing new places and chasing new things. Growing up in KY, Turkey and Whitetail are my bread and butter that i WILL hunt every year from here on out, but I love switching it up just as much....my taste of pronghorn hunting and out of state turkey hunting has me hooked. traveling on hunts is a blast.

Droptine, if looking to complete all species in NA...you HAVE to go to Canada. A few caribou species are found only in Canada.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Dominant Buck

To play devil's advocate....why would someone pay $6k+ to hunt Africa when they could do 3-4 guided whitetail hunts (or 10+ DIY)in different regions of NA for the same price as one african safari?
I don't care which one they do......just don't make light of the other guy's choice or discount his accomplishments.

"Striped Horse" is a good example.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

PT....dang! How many times do I have to explain it, though?
This is HNI need you ask? lol

It all goes back to the original post .... edit that and this thread dies ......
Old 11-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone that thinks they dont want to move to another area is missing out. IMO

I'm in it for the experience..I've been all over the world hunting. I do it for the experience..it's like a trip to Florida with my wife and little girls...its the memory/vacation/ experience.

I hunt the world (not for just the kill) but for the moment and memories of something I have a passion for.

I told my wife the other night..."I said, Honey, I think I'd like to start going on white-tail hunts in various states. "she said, sounds cool.

I think it would be neat to have mounts on my wall from various states for white-tails.

To each his own I guess..

Now I just need to plan and find the $$$$ to continue on across the U.S[&:]
Old 11-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Striped Horse" is a good example.
I thought you'd appreciate thatBUT that's what it is to ME!! I am not knocking you or anyone else that has the desire to go shoot one. I'm just explaining why I have no desire to do it and pointing out that their isa flip side to the coin. You guys may get "bored to tears" or get tired of the "same game, same court, same opponent". But I don't. To me it's a whole new ballgame and a whole new opponenet everytime I step on the court. Don't expect to see someone "knock" what I do in explaining what they do and think that I don't have the same heart felt convictions about what I do versuses what they do. If at some point, hunting a striped horse begins to sound fun or challenging to me than I will go do it. Right now it doesn't, so I don't
Old 11-24-2008, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter
I'm planning on dropping about a grand or a little over this next fall to go hunt bears in MN with Kyle.
And hell, that is before the outfitter fee.
[:-]Do I need to rethink the whole MN bear trip....how steep are these fees?[&:][8D]
Old 11-24-2008, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter
I'm planning on dropping about a grand or a little over this next fall to go hunt bears in MN with Kyle.
And hell, that is before the outfitter fee.
[:-]Do I need to rethink the whole MN bear trip....how steep are these fees?[&:][8D]
Bottle of Jaeger and a 4-pack of Monster better cover it. [&:]

Quick Reply: So you'll pay $2 Grand+.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.