Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your batting average? >

What's your batting average?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your batting average?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:03 AM

Default RE: What's your batting average?

4 for 5...1 deer i had to put a second arrow into...
Old 11-25-2008, 10:31 AM

By your rules, I am 3 for 5. I shot a pronghorn buck, spined a whitetail doe with a follow up shot, and shot a whitetail buck. The 5th arrow wasn't so much user error as a clean miss...I hada deflection on a small 8 point back in early November off of an unseen twig...arrow shot off and missed by 3+ feet.

By number ofanimals arrows released on vs number of animals down, I am 3 for 4. Still haven't wounded one though, and like you am striving to never have to experience that.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

1 for 1 right now,

next week we start managing doe's, im sure that 100% is going to drop
Old 11-25-2008, 12:03 PM

I am 2 for 2 this year. 100%
Old 11-25-2008, 12:16 PM

This year I am 1/2. Missed a doe on a limb deflection and killed an 8 pt.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 for 2 on deer

1 for 1 on coons
Old 11-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hoyt...

There's extenuating circumstances that "happen" sometimes in the deer woods.
There "are" not is. Is is grammerically incorrect. (pun intentional) Seriously, I understand that full well. It is exactly why I stated to begin with that I wont pretend things don't happen out of our control.

I shot four times (and hit four times) a deer I didn't even shoot, initially. What does THAT do for my BA?
Didn't you play ball in school?

The deer was spined by another hunter.....and he was blocked for a follow up. I shot until the deer was not moving.
It is a most respectable thing you did. I applaude your decision and admire your love for the animal. It is somethingprobably 9 out of 10 guys here would do. I did the same on Saturday with the missing jawBB. Only, it took just one shot to the heart. If I'd shot 2 arrows, I'd be 5/7.And that, is what this thread is about. Number of arrows -vs- number of deer. I don't understand why you don't understand that. Actually I know you do, Ithinkyou just like being difficult.

I was only trying to point out that there are such things that occur.
refer to clause A of this particular post.

You can "bust on me" all you want. I did the right thing.
You sure did, but that isn'twhat the thread is about. And, I will keepbusting you as long as you insist on going against the grain of this thread. It's simple man, we're justsharing with ourfellow hunters how things have shaped up for usin the woods this year. You're the only guy who's got issues with this.

LOL this remindsme of a riddle I told my EX. She kept insisting that the answer be what she wanted it to be and starting getting upset then irate. I told her that'snice but I didn't author the riddle and sothe answer is still____.

Sheeesh, some people!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

1/2

Lifetime numbers are in the vault, never to be revealed.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Hoyt...

SO it counts even for deer I didn't shoot to begin with? You had a clause for that?

If you wanna make fun of me.....go ahead. I can't stop you.

I wasn't going to say it (in so many words)....but your BA computation method is pure BS (IMO). "Penalized" for a follow-up shot? That's sending the wrong message. Period.

And I know full well how to compute my BA. Hard to figure it when you're not the one at the plate, though.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

GMMAT...

Why do you think it shouldn't count for deer you "didn't shoot to begin with"? You took it home or donated it to the food bank or told the tale of that deer as a credit to your year right? Well then it counts. That's the only rule to this exercise. If you shoot at it, an arrow is required to do so. or am I wrong?

I'm not making fun of you, I'm just saying what alot of people are thinking.

I didn't take the time to articulate and accomodate for each and every facet of thought that each and every person who opened this simple(apparently not anymore by your account anyway) thread might have. I didn't think to bringthe rules of "my thread" up to a board and file for clearance before hand. It's not BS. It's just for fun. No prize is won, no winner is named, no finger is pointed, no loser is outted. Everyone gains by sharing, everyone except you.

There's no wrong message sent. Most guys here know that crap happens in the woods. It's a given that we allbe as ethical of hunters as we can. It is more telling of a person who took as many shots as neccessary to put a wonded animal down all the while knowing it would "harm their BA in this thread". You are the only one who seems so insecure withthis (obviously because your ratio by these rules don't look good to you) that you areIMO "insisting the answer to the riddle be your own".Need I remind you, you're the only one who took it wrong and has issues with it?

Cheers! Rejoice and be merry! Haveth issue no longer! I personally invite thee to join thy party.

Quick Reply: What's your batting average?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.