Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many? >

Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Old 11-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Default RE: Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Where I hunt the deer are used to seeing people. Im sure If I went somewhere the deer were timid and not used to seing people then it would make the job tougher. But yes, the poconos deer are used to seeing people they will even walk up to you to see if you have food.

Well since you say this, your right .
You will never miss, hell no one here would if the deer come to them to pet it. That's not huntng. So in my opinion you have no room to lecture someone who does real hunting and misses.
We are all ethical hunters, we like to get a fast clean kill. We don't sit and brag about being one. It is common sense. It has nothing to do with being a perfectionist.
If you had to go anywheres else to hunt, you will get a miss. We are not backyard or suburb hunting.

You say 11 years and never missed. I say 11 years of a pet hunting..
Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

It seems most of you hunters forget about FORM. You can have a $5000.00 Bow. But without form your gonna shoot bad. And if you used proper form your nerves wouldnt be an issue because your breathing which is part of form. Breathingnaturally relaxes muscles hence why when a womans giving birth they ask her to breath. And in turn nerves wouldnt be an issue. FORM FORM FORM thats my huge secret. FORM will solve most of the problems bow hunters have. I know it sounds like im pulling this out of my ass. I think ROB/Pa being a comp. shooter could say that form is a huge problem hunters have...call it buck fever/target panic In my opinion its why most bow hunters miss. And if you have tunnel vision and dont notice a "tree branch" in the way..you know that might cause a huge problem.
Actually, I believe there are a lot more things that play in whether it's BUCK FEVER, not judging yardage correctly, string jump, etc, there are a lot of things that play in. Certainly FORM may be one of them, but you don't have to have GREAT form most of the time to make a 20yd shot. Trust me, both shots I took at deer in my back yard looked like good shots, the on flew a little low, my fault, I shouldn't have taken the shot without KNOWING the range, and the other was also my fault, though it resulted in a DEAD DEER, it was NOT a good shot to have been taking, and what looked like a good dead on shot hit that little BB in the head he moved so much between release and impact!!!

I do agree, there are a lot of guys who may not follow through or whatever, but there are a LOT of shots that just may not have been the best shot to take anyhow, that go wrong for reasons other than form.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent missed a deer in 11 years of hunting.
In the have you ever missed topic you stated you have hunted for 13 years. Which is it?
Old 11-23-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

LMAO I just went through 5 pages of this topic and honestly its almost entirely a wlakthrough by nissan.. Are you serious? This dudes just throwing out answers for every situation like he is god himself. I cant help but laugh about this entire thing. For every post from someone else, nissan has an answer for it. WOW. I'm gonna go grab some popcorn, this is a hoot.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

LMAO I just went through 5 pages of this topic and honestly its almost entirely a wlakthrough by nissan.. Are you serious? This dudes just throwing out answers for every situation like he is god himself. I cant help but laugh about this entire thing. For every post from someone else, nissan has an answer for it. WOW. I'm gonna go grab some popcorn, this is a hoot.
i was thinking of getting something to drink also, but i'd probly end up spitting it all over my computer.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:20 AM

Yeah well I think it is over now since he messed up and changed his story from 11 years to 13.

I like the reply about people forget to use good form.
Sounds like he has never hunted from a popup G20 ground blind.
Your almost never can get your form in one of those, wonder if it is the same in one of the more pricey models?

Wait a minute, what am I talking about.... He can pet his game, no need for a blind at all. As for stalking, not to sure but stalking is when you move to the deer. Not the deer moving to you.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

Wait a minute, what am I talking about.... He can pet his game, no need for a blind at all. As for stalking, not to sure but stalking is when you move to the deer. Not the deer moving to you.
no no you got it all wrong, he stalks to within 20-30 yards in his bright red camo and then offers up a offering of corn to them and they are pulled right into his lap. hes never missed because they sacrifice themselves to him