Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many? >

Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Well guys I dont need to justify but you guys act like high school if someone talks better then you, then ridicule must be the thing to do. Wow thats alot like grade school more like it.
I had to use my 2nd buck tag this year on a sub par buck because it had an arrow (crossbow bolt atthat)sticking in it's back. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3165618&mpage=1&key=&#316561 8
Would you have done the same Nissan?
Yes for compassion of the animal and for it to not suffer. If I had a tag left I would take the animal.
Have you ever HIT one?
With a car no. (Good Brakes) While driving my tractor trailer yes. Im not gonna risk hurting people and jack knifing my rig to prevent hitting a deer. I would feel bad its wasted meat but I wont avoid it. My company encourages hitting the deer.
Well we finally have a member that takes the time to practice from 10-40 yards...so that's the key. And here I am wasting all this time practing at 50+.
Well if you do practice at 50yards never even try to take a shot over 35 max..the arrow takes toomuch time to reach its target and you lose so much kinetic energy. And weve had guys on here make "lucky" shots at 55 yards. If you do post a story on here of a bow shot at 50+ yards then you sir are a moron. Thats begging to see a deer get injured.

Nissan your a bigger target than most of the deer out there..
If you can find me. Im an exceptional hunter. And yes I STILL MAINTAIN THE FACT IVE NEVER MISSED A DEER OR ANY OTHER GAME IVE TRIED TO SHOOT. EITHER WITH BOW OR RIFLE.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I once shot 2 arrows Into a bear with my recurve. My 1st arrow caught one lung (little far back). He ran about 15 yards from where I shot him and stopped 30 yards away standing In some thick nasty brush, he had no Idea what had just happened. I then launched another arrow through all of that nasty thick brush and surprisingly made It through It all and hit him damn near In the same spot. He made It 15 yards from there, done deal.

As for the guy who had trouble hitting his deer, I think he needs to slow himself down a bit.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you can find me. Im an exceptional hunter. And yes I STILL MAINTAIN THE FACT IVE NEVER MISSED A DEER OR ANY OTHER GAME IVE TRIED TO SHOOT. EITHER WITH BOW OR RIFLE.
If your that good, step up your game and put a traditional bow In your hand and try that out.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot a traditional my ex girlfriend her dad made home made longbows and recurves.. I never practiced enough I know its instinctive shooting. Im sure I could given enough practice.
As well I not gonna even try to take a shot on an animal unless im proficient shooting whatever I happen to be shooting. Again whether it be rifle or bow.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never MISSED!!! You continue to be the man Nissan. I would like to see that put into a poll question. " How many guys have NEVER missed "

Schultzy.. That guy could out hunt you with a pointy stick!!I told the guy to SLOW down as well.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Never MISSED!!! You continue to be the man Nissan. I would like to see that put into a poll question. " How many guys have NEVER missed "

Schultzy.. That guy could out hunt you with a pointy stick!!I told the guy to SLOW down as well.
No planter not with a pointy stick with good working equipment and knowledge of the animal youre hunting. Plus dont take anything for granted always test your equpiment and be proficient with it. Some guys go buy a bow on friday and go out in their back yards and shoot a target 25 times and they are rip roarin and ready to go. I practiced for 6 months to make sure I was proficient the first time I used a bow.

You think a city is gonna give some random person a a badge and gun and tell them to go arrest people. NO they want that particular individual to be confident in the laws they are upholding and proficient with their weapons.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Planter

Lol Planter!!

I don't care what anyone says here, It happens Planter, that's bow hunting for ya. My mom was the same way when she got an animal In front of her, her nerves went nuts and It showed In where her arrows ended up hitting. Dad said, "slow It down Alice and take your time". Once my mom got that under control she was money.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Oh and yes I dont RUSH. And I breathe and I maintain the best form I can without showing myself too much to a deer. But you dont punch the trigger you make sure your pin is hovering where you want to shoot and you slow squeeze your back muscles together and THWAP venison on the table. Ive never had my nerves get to me..My dad rest his soul, before we ever went hunting the first time he told me my nerves would be rattle first time I saw a deer. And my first deer yes they did but after that, nothing. Seeing buck around my area isnt weird they walk up to you here in the POCONOS because people feed them. So the deer here arent afraid. I was washing my car and deer walk with 10 feet of youthey think youre going to feed them.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:49 AM

I guess that explains why you never miss,wear scentlok.
Can pretty much hang a rope on one and use a knife.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

I've emptied my quiver more than once on a deer. The 8pointer I took in November of '07....I shot at 4 times. First shot spined him. Second shot was a whiff from 25yds as he was dragging himself by his front legs. 3rd shot hit him from 35yds in the rear ham. 4th shot (he was still moving) hit him square in the vitals from 50yds.....and he died in 3-4 seconds from there. Total elapsed time was inside 20-30 seconds.

Quick Reply: Arrow Flinging Meltdowns. How Many?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.