Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 predator wearer guys >

predator wearer guys

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

predator wearer guys

Old 11-22-2008, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default predator wearer guys

OK, i was wanting ASAT about the time when they had nothing avaliable. When they started producing again i have heard notihing good about the new owners and quality. SO, im now going to look at Predator. I have some questions, Fall grey is the one im interested in. its just me but i hate the looks of the spring green [:'(]What temps will the bowhunter jacket cover with some layering?? Stalker jacket, is it prefered over the bowhunter jacket?? Do they make an UNINSULATED bib?? Are the pants durable and comfy?? i have not seen any UI bibs yet. where is the go to place besides the websight?? I know they can be a little more pricy. A local bow shop around me only orders once a year and they are out of what i want [:@]I cant remember if Gander Mt carries it.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: predator wearer guys

Brother, depending on price and the best, go to Grey Wolf Wollens for Wolfskin as it's the best of the best and you can custom order exactly what you want.

In IL, I wore my Predator Fall Deception the most as it rained every day and my jacket is Buck Suede and it kept me dry. Monday morning it was 22 degrees and layering kept me not only dry but warm.

The same can be said of Wolfskin, it'll keep you dry and stay off winds.

In foul weather or if foul weather is expected, you don't want cotton as an outer layer, ever.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:43 AM
byg
Spike

I have the jacket made by cabelas, it has a thin liner in it...I just layer up with it, wear a rain jacket to cut out the wind,but it would be cold w/out some layers Id say40deg w/one layer..Cabelas sells there version of predatorlooks decent..Actuallyt says predator on the material. I have some of the real stuff tooand I feel it is better quality,but the price differencemade me buy some cabelas...I do like the fall grey pattern I believe it is the best out there....Oh I also have the coveralls they are UI andvery nice
Old 11-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Brother, depending on price and the best, go to Grey Wolf Wollens for Wolfskin as it's the best of the best and you can custom order exactly what you want.

In IL, I wore my Predator Fall Deception the most as it rained every day and my jacket is Buck Suede and it kept me dry. Monday morning it was 22 degrees and layering kept me not only dry but warm.

You don't want cotton as an outer layer, ever.
Cotton is Ok if its above freezing, mild winds and no precip. That said other outer layers are more versatile!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

You don't want cotton as an outer layer, ever.
Cotton is Ok if its above freezing, mild winds and no precip. That said other outer layers are more versatile!
I should have elaborated my friend as your right, In the context of my post I was assuming foul weather. In bad weather there is only one thing to remember, cotton kills. I'll edit my post.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:47 AM
byg
Spike

Like ROB/PA said cottonsucks but that is what my stuff is, I wear in only if it isnt raining.Some day I will have the wolf skin.. If I had to do it again I would fork out the $ for the good stuff once and be done
Old 11-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's been a while since I ordered straight from Predator... but if memory serves me correct, the Bowhunter jacket is just a thin, unlined jacket really more suited for mid-60 type temps. I use mine more for hanging stands, kicking around and tracking. I guess the reason is now if the temps start dipping, I lean more towards base layers than putting on an unlined jacket... if I need to do that, I've got a wolfskin vest lined in Comformax and Liteloft or a 100% wool vest lined with Liteloft -- or I can go with the 100% wool bomber jacket lined with both.

They used to make uninsulated bibs, but probably the only place you'll find them now is in their "bargain cave" portion of the site, and only in odd sizes. I can't recall seeing any lately, but -- like I said -- it's been a while since I've been to their actual site. I get all my stuff at Gray Wolf Woolens these days: www.graywolfwoolens.com

Predator's actual pants are actually quite good. Of course, they're 100% cotton so care must be taken to prevent fading or shrinking. Construction, however, is top-notch, and the material is thick and the buttons are sewed on well. The only negative on their cotton clothing is the sleeve length of the camp shirts; I'm a 34-inch sleeve length, and always order XL shirts. My GWW shirts are perfect; however, I'm always wishing for an extra inch of sleeve material in the cotton shirts from Predator.

If you've got any more questions, feel free to ask as I think I own just about everything made in Predator, as well as a bunch of stuff I've commissioned to have had custom-made for me. I'll be leaving to go watch my oldest boy's last flag-football game here in a few minutes, though... so I'll check back later. Brrr.. 27 degrees, and I won't even be in a deer stand!
Old 11-22-2008, 08:19 AM
Spike

Have to agree about Gray Wolf. Its pricey, but worth it in the cold. The best item I purchased so far are the Wool Mitts. Worth the 50 bucks if your hands get cold quick. The fall grey is a great pattern!!

Mack34
Old 11-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Predator has no bibs or parkas, I called them on the phone as I've been trying to get some of this stuff. I ordered a fleece jacket & 6 pocket pants but I still have yet to recieve them. Tried a guy on AT (Southern Sam) and he said they never even had bibs or parkas this year. Predatortold methey did not know when they would have any. This stuff is hard to get this time of year it seems.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: predator wearer guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.