Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Treestand........ >

Treestand........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand........

Old 11-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Treestand........

So I live in southern Oregon, we have steep brushy and timbered mountains, they are awesome in a way. They are also a pain in the butt to hike around in, and thats where I hunt. The deer we have are Columbian Blacktail deer, they do not stay on one trail, in fact, they would rather change every day or two, or maybe not use a trail at all!
I am finding a fixed stand is to hard to move all the time, and am coming to the thought of purchasing a climber, I have also heard horror stories about themso let me know what you think of them and what brands to trust, I need a light weight one to pack with me.
Theone that currently most appeals to me is the summit OpenShot Deluxe.

Please click on onethe link below,let me know your thoughts on this product,if you have any reccomendations or know of a better product let me know. Thanks!

Click HERE
Old 11-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Treestand........

Do we have a taker???
Old 11-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, what a coincidence! I just got back from hunting not more than 30 minutes ago and I was using my Summit Broadhead climber. If it hadn't have cost so much I would've thrown it in the damn creek tonight. It wasabout as loud as it could possibly be and it's not exactly the lightest thing either! it seemed to catch every branch that I went by tonight. Not pleased at all. The one thing that I do like about the Openshot is the seat has the ability to fold out of the way so you can stand close to the tree. Mine doesn't do this and I was literally standing on the last 3 metal "floor boards". Not the most comforting feeling when the wind is blowing!

The absolute best climber that I've had was an Ol' man Air Elite. It wasn't exactly light and it wasn't exactly the smallest stand, but when it came to comfort and quietness, this thing ruled the roost in my opinion. I let a buddy use it and haven't seen it since! That should tell you something.I'm sure there are better ones out there now though. But I don't think Summit is it.[:'(]
Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Simp, thats the info i'm looking for!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

bump

Old 11-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Oregon, spend$20 or $30extra and get the Summitviper with the full wrap around bar. They are so much easier to climb with and you can bolt a bow holder on the side of the top portion and they work like a charm. The wrap around bar makes you feel safer too. I've taken mine up to 35feet and I still feel safe.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:09 PM

2 votes for the vipper cabelas has a deal http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_417900 &id=0057204418570a
Old 11-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next climber i get is gonna be the lone wolf hand climber....small compact and lightweight....and its made by lonewolf so you know its good!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

I like the Lone Wolf stands
Old 11-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a viper off craigslist brand new for $100. Its a pretty good stand, but practice in the yard before you go hunting. It takes some getting used to.

Quick Reply: Treestand........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.