Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Magnus Vs Rage

Old 11-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Magnus Vs Rage

I edited the question on the poll. Because I had to look at some deer anatomy.
So the shoulder blade does not cover a significant area of the vitals.

I also Used Magnus heads because, the only broadheads magnus makes are cut on factact and all them work on the same concept. All rage heads work the same concepts. I am just wanting to sort out the proforence from the Hype...
Old 11-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260314705535

by the way I need to move the broad heads....
Old 11-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: M.Magis

I don't think you're lying, but I think you're mistaken that they've gone through the shoulder blade. I've been bow hunting for 20 years myself, and I have also hit deer in the shoulder blade, with modern equipment. The shoulder blade will stop an arrow every time. The fact you mentioned recurves and longbows furtherconvinces me you're not talking about the shoulder blade.
I circled the shoulder blade with a red circle and I circled the shoulder knuckle with a black circle for you Magis. I guarantee I'm not the only person who's seen It or done It. I'm not talking about penetrating the knuckle here (won't do It), were talking shoulder blade here. A few have also said there Rage's have done it a few times.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

some people may have seen this video. But you might want to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNg-FAyeH90

an actual quote from the comments on my video.

"I know its costly, but you should do a test like this with a rage broad head. i think it would get good reviews as well. regardless of results, it might not even pass through the board. it would be neat to see. good vid."
Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Spike

i shot the magnus w. two bleeder blades this season preformed perfectly on my buck, hit a little to far forward and caught what i call the shoulder paddle passed through both sides no problems at just over 20 yards, the blood trail wasnt the best but the buck only went 50ish yards and piled up. heads also shoot great for me

magis, like i stated perhaps what me and you refer to as the shoulder are different but my arrow passed through both paddles without much problem, however ive seen arrows bounce right off the shoulders to. just depends where in the shoulder you hit them from my experience.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

Are the magnus 4 blade stinger have a better chance of doing more damage than the stinger buzzcut 4 blades?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

To correct my last message on here Do instead of Are. Also do the buzzcut fly any different than the non serrated stingers?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im gona try maguns 2 blade this next yr outa my compound. Outa my xbow though i've shot 2 deer with the rage and they r devestating. I'd use em outa my compound but im only shooting 49lb so I wana stick to a cut on contact.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Spike

joe i dont know about the standard 4 blades but mine are the serrated blade stingers, i went with these for the simple idea that if i dont get a complete pass through id prefer a serrated blade cutting away with everystep the animal takes.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:06 PM

buzzcuts make more damage by for!
ORIGINAL: joemr1288

Are the magnus 4 blade stinger have a better chance of doing more damage than the stinger buzzcut 4 blades?

Quick Reply: Magnus Vs Rage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.