Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Am I that bad?

Old 11-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Am I that bad?

Well, I have yet to bag a deer this season. I have limited hunting time and I usually only hunt on my own property (about 40 acres). I have seen a ton of deer. In each case, they fell into one of three categories 1) outside of my comfort range (> 30 yards), 2) just before sunrise, or 3) just after sunset. In many cases, these deer were seen within 15 minutes of legal shooting time. As you know, nobody hears you shoot a bow. Is it just me? Am I "too legal"? I have taken a lot of crap for passing on the deer I have.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Am I that bad?

Ron .. I actually will pray I o not gt an opportunity to shoot something before sunrise or after sunset .... it is WAYYYYY too tempting .... I know too many guys that will loose an arrow during these ilegal times to hunt .... you are doing the right thing!!

BTW ... those of you that call Ron a wimp, I would like to see you in a steel cage with him .....
Old 11-21-2008, 11:36 AM

Three words..."Kudos to you".
Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Spike

Definately the right thing. It won't do any good to wound a deer at those times. You won't be sure of your shot and have to live with that sick feeling until who knows when. Kudos!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is one of the reason that I go in at sunrise and leave at sunset. I don't see any reason to set in my tree if I can'tshoot if the opportunity presents itself.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep plugging away GunDeck--you will get your shot buddy.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

This is one of the reason that I go in at sunrise and leave at sunset. I don't see any reason to set in my tree if I can'tshoot if the opportunity presents itself.
Actually, I really enjoy these times. I love sitting there a half hour after sunset and watching the hay field fill with deer.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know too many guys that will loose an arrow during these ilegal times to hunt .... you are doing the right thing!!

I can lose an arrow when its noon!! Seriously though, I shot a doe a couple years back when it was 1/2 after shooting time. It was overcast so it was still pretty dark. Thought I made a great shot but when I went to do some tracking I bumped her. After many hours of looking I found her and seen I made more of a gut shot. So now I won't shoot until I can truely focus on the spot.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

You will get one..hang in there. Try some funnels and a new stand location.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Karma, your time will come!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.