HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Finally... My Ohio 10pt *Trailcam pic added* (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/274756-finally-my-ohio-10pt-trailcam-pic-added.html)

buckeyehntr5 11-21-2008 10:52 AM

Finally... My Ohio 10pt *Trailcam pic added*

Let me start off by saying that I am mentally and physically wore out. All this time spent in the woods takes a toll on a person. I've lost weight, I'm ready for bed usually around 8:30, and being in the woods all day through the week and on the weekends is tough. Especially after just getting married on Oct.4th. The wife is very understanding andknew beforemarriage aboutmy passion and addictionto whitetail hunting.

Ok, woke up this morning to a fresh dusting of snow and I just had that feeling. I took 1/2 vacation yesterday and was taking my other half today and new this would be my last chance before the youth gun season started tomorrow. Had a small 6pt and a doe come by first light and nothing until 7:45. I stood up in the stand to move around a little and try to get rid of the chill of the windy 28 degree morning and caught movement 150yds out in the corn. Big Buck came out of my mouth while grabbing for my grunt call. I let out two long grunts and he came running straight to me. As he stopped 50 yds out to make a scrape on the edge of the timber I let out one more soft grunt and here he came. I drew and waited for the 20yd opening and let out a Baaawwww. He kinda spooked and started trotting away parallel to my right. After a couple more Baaawww's I finally just yelled HEY!!! He stopped, I put my 40yd pin on him low and released. Thwack!!! The Grim Reaper found it's mark and stuck in the ground after passing through the vitals. I watched the buck run up hill 20yds, stop, started swaying back and forth, he made it another 20yds as I was saying Go Down Go Down and he finally did. An instant feeling of relief is an understatement. I couldn't believe the size of the body on this buck!
Good luck to all and happy hunting

Trailcam pic of him from Sept 08

Germ 11-21-2008 10:55 AM

RE: Finally... My Ohio 10pt

Dude where did you get that red arrow:D

Great Buck I love the classic 10 look, never gets old IMO

MichaelHunsucker 11-21-2008 10:55 AM

What a deer! I know all about the mental toughness that it sometimes takes! Congrats on sticking it out on a well deserved buck!

jackflap 11-21-2008 11:00 AM

Great buck. Congratulations.

BobCo19-65 11-21-2008 11:03 AM

Wow!!! Congratulations!

Sliverflicker 11-21-2008 11:04 AM

What a great Buck. Congrats!

MN/Kyle 11-21-2008 11:05 AM

Whoa! Congrats on a beauty!

Dopler 11-21-2008 11:05 AM

Looks like a 160" ten to me, gorgeous buck!Nice job on keeping your composure too after he spooked,a lot of guys would have felt resigned to defeat at that moment and would have been handcuffedto act. Nice job!

GregH 11-21-2008 11:10 AM

Wow! That is a nice buck! I think it's the one I dream about. [:-]

silentassassin 11-21-2008 11:11 AM

Congrats man!! That is an awesome buck!