Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments... >

The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...

Old 11-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...

That's how this trip got started. Will invited me out to hunt with him....and I reciprocated. He took me up, first!....lol

We're getting ready to go to a spot we scouted, yesterday......and it's 16deg. Brrrrrrrr. I hope Will wears long sleeves so I don't feel like a pansy.

What's even more amazing is I've never seen him toot or tout anything. There are others with one tenth the accomplishment who think they are king. Top it off, he's willing to take me elk hunting even though I would just be a drag on him.

And he has no idea I posted this one. Just needed saying. Maybe we'll be elk hunting at the same time.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:12 AM

I remember last year when Big J started that thread about Will. Pretty incredible stuff.

Good luck to you guys today.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Will is one class act. A gentleman full of grace and wisdom ..... when he types something, it is worth reading!!
Old 11-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is impressive. Very.

Congratulations to him.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

I say he should start a post that shows a photo with him and each of his kills, that would be awesome... BIG accomplishment. Especially if he hunted some of those species "self-guided".

If anyone knows if he's shot a Columbian Blacktail please let me know through PM
Old 11-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have spoke thru PMs when on the same archery team and I concur, Class Act! Sounds like his sister has also accomplished a lot as I know they went caribou hunting together. I'm regretting now that I didn't make it out to the airport to have a coffee with him when he came thru Toronto.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Obviously Will has bowhunting accomplisments the majority of us will only ever dream about........it's unreal.[:-]

My question and I don't know if it was ever mentioned, what in Will's life affords him the opportunities to go on all these adventures? It's obvious that it takes an amount of time, $$ , and commitment that probably isn't even achievable for 99% of us.
THere has to be some serious resources at work here for that type of resume. I'm scrimping and saving trying to put together a simple black bear hunt MAYBE in 2yrs. LOL and my wife and I aren't what you would call "Poor".

Matt,
It was mentioned and I agree, I don't have the fund to scrape together to go one a DIY ELK hunt most years, let alone an African Safari. Now this will probably tick a few people off, but I PERSONALLY DO NOT LIKE SCI!!!! SCI on one hand is a "hunters' advocate," on the other hand they are a doing a lot of what they are doing to support their money machine. I believe SCI is part of what has driven the SKY HIGH prices of hunts, and a big part of what is creating a lot of the $$$$ push behind high-fence ranch farms like the one in Idaho where the SCI WR Elk was killed for a nominal fee of somewhere upwards of what I make in a years time!!!

Sorry, I'll be the fun-sucker here, but I'd NEVER have an animal registered in the SCI record book. It's CRAP like this.... http://www.oakcreekwhitetailranch.co...ingpricing.asp that is destroying our sport. If any of the animals were killed on this type of hunt (I sincerely hope they weren't), then I have no respect for that type of "hunting."
Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe we'll be elk hunting at the same time.
Will is a world class hunter need I remind you? He doesn't do daycare! We might find ourselves stranded half way up a mountain.

Seriously, you never know what fate has in store.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody likes a kiss $$$.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Nobody likes a kiss $$$.

Obviously that isn't true here. I've seen pages and pages of examples lately with people killing one species of animal.

Quick Reply: The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.