Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments... >

The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...

Old 11-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The magnitude of iamyourhuckleberry's accomplishments...

I'm sure if we had money to do that we would get to kill alot more species than just whats in our native land.

I for sure would love to hunt in Africa but its very expensive.

I think i'll stick to Scotland and the US. We have alot of nice big game here
Old 11-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Dominant Buck

You can go to Africa and kill EIGHT species of animals for under $4K outfitter's fee. I know plenty of guys who spend $2K or more on outfitted hunts to kill animals that range freely in their back yards.

Will's worked his butt off to be where he is (which is NOT where a lot of people "think" he is, financially). He also does "side" jobs to support his passion. He doesn't need me to defend this aspect of his hutning career. It shouldn't have to be defended, period. It shouldn't matter.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can go to Africa and kill EIGHT species of animals for under $4K outfitter's fee. I know plenty of guys who spend $2K or more on outfitted hunts to kill animals that range freely in their back yards.
I've got relation of mine that go out to Africa and pay 3 times that Jeff. 4K don't seem right.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Steve....

Go with Will, next time he has an opening. $3,950.00 as described. He's got ten guys scheduled to go and pay that amount in a couple years. Has he paid more? Yeah. Can you pay that? Yeah.

I think he's been there, twice, so far. I could be wrong.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Steve....

Go with Will, next time he has an opening. $3,950.00 as described. He's got ten guys scheduled to go and pay that amount in a couple years. Has he paid more? Yeah. Can you pay that? Yeah.

I'm not doubting anyone, 4k just seems awfully cheap compared to what my cousins and others have paid. I've got no Interest to go out there. I'm happy Will's found cheaper deals then most.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:26 PM

Africa is a dream of mine and it can easily be done for the price Jeff mentioned. Where it gets expensive is the taxidermy fees and transportation of the trophies.

Will has definitely accomplished a lot during his hunting career that the majority of us will never do. All it takes is hard work and passion.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Steve....

I'm not doubting anyone, 4k just seems awfully cheap compared to what my cousins and others have paid. I've got no Interest to go out there. I'm happy Will's found cheaper deals then most.
It depends entirely on the animals you want to hunt......every one of them has a price tag next to the name.
Some of the antelope, wildabeast, warthog, baboontypes aren't super "expensive" animal for animal but if you want to start shooting some of the more showcase type animals like Zebra, Kudu, Sable etc you better warm up the checkbook and in a HURRY. [:-]

Then throw in your airfare, aquisition fees, tips, obligatory South Africa T-shirt LOL, and taxidermy and bottom line is ANY Africa hunt is gonna cost you $10K til' it's all said and done and your looking at the animals on the wall.
ItCAN be a great value in hunting species you'll not likely have a chance to ever again (If you stick to the cheaper animals) and that's where you can get in DEEP because you start to justify the $2200 Kudu because you'll never see one again.

I just went over this with Frank (Kidd642) and his eyeballs almost spun out of his head when he started to realize his "$5000 Africa trip" was going to come in around $18,000 if he shot the animals on his list.

You want to step into the realm of dangerous game?........start selling plasma and a kidney now.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Africa is a dream of mine and it can easily be done for the price Jeff mentioned. Where it gets expensive is the taxidermy fees and transportation of the trophies.
Where is gets expensive is right at the intial 4K....my wife would literally saw my head off when I slept if I ever spent that much money on a hunt....unless of course I had recently won the lottery. That being said, I COULD care less how a man spends his hard earned money. That same man also does not owe anyone an explanation as to how or why he chose to spend his money that way.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Dominant Buck

What difference does it make....how much it costs? It's just a fact it costs money to travel, period. It costs a little (subjective) more to hunt as you do so.

It's like diminishing the accomplishments of thetrophy hunter who lives in a target rich environment, because he lives where he does. I don't begrudge him that OR diminish anything he's done. Is it a fact? Yeah. I'm happy for him, though.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

What difference does it make....how much it costs? It's just a fact it costs money to travel, period. It costs a little (subjective) more to hunt as you do so.

It's like diminishing the accomplishments of thetrophy hunter who lives in a target rich environment, because he lives where he does. I don't begrudge him that OR diminish anything he's done. Is it a fact? Yeah. I'm happy for him, though.
Jeff,
I think the point is that MOST GUYS don't have the kind of funds to do many of the types of hunts the Will has been on. 66 species???? Hell, I don't think there are 66 species that I could hunt in the lower 48!!!! I don't mean to take away from Will's accomplishments, because I'm SURE he is a DAMN FINE hunter, but there is NO WAY in my lifetime I will ever be able to afford such a feat. Kind of like CHUCK ADAMS, he's a damn good hunter, but he's PAID a lot of $$$$ to do a lot of the hunts he's done.

JEALOUS??? Yeah, a little, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't, but at the same time, if I were spending money on hunts, I'd be huntin North America and maybe South America or New Zealand for a Red Stag or two. I never have had any desire for African Game.