HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Need major help! Broadheads vs Field tips. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/274621-need-major-help-broadheads-vs-field-tips.html)

Pope94/IA 11-20-2008 03:53 PM

Need major help! Broadheads vs Field tips.

I have a major problem with my arrow and broadheads.
Im using muzzy 100s withGold tiparrows, 3555 with a 50 pound bow.
weight tol. +/- 2 grains
straightness +/- 0.006
I honestly have no clue what the weight and straightness mean and what that will change in the flight.

Okay the problem is that my arrows are are flying way off the the left and down some. when they release the arrow they are shooting perfectly straight, but once they get about 5-10 yards out they are starting to turn. the arrow is suppose to twist isn't it? Well mine do but at like 1 mph and sense it goes so slow it makes the arrow float to the right then go up then float to the left, as in a circle.
I've tried twisting the nock a little bit and it never worked either.

Just so you know the field tips arrows are shooting dead on.I have split one arrow and have broke a ton of nocks. My groups are usually in 3" circles.but with my muzzys, I aim dead on at the lungs and the arrow misses the deer. It curves and goes straight to the front of the deer.

Please help me. My dad is going to scheels in a little bit to get some hunting stuff. He is getting me some new broadheads. Probablymuzzy 100s. Please tell me If I need to get new arrows or a differant broadhead.

CodyGuess 11-20-2008 03:55 PM

RE: Need major help! Broadheads vs Field tips.

switch to rage or it sounds like ur bow may need to be tuned..

Pope94/IA 11-20-2008 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: CodyGuess

switch to rage or it sounds like ur bow may need to be tuned..
What do you mean by tuned? Resighting the bow so it shoots where the broad heads go? i dont really want to spend a ton of money on rages when I dont know if they are going to work for me.

TLockTerror 11-20-2008 03:56 PM

Your center shot might be off. Other wise it could be the broadheads if your field points shoot fine. Muzzys have a tendency to plane out quite a bit.

Pope94/IA 11-20-2008 03:57 PM

Whats another type of broadhead that are good. Besides Rages because I really want to spend the money on them.
I know there can't be anything wrong with the sights because I also shot field tips and they shot perfectly but when switched to broadheads they are horrible.

CodyGuess 11-20-2008 03:57 PM

have u paper tuned ur bow

CodyGuess 11-20-2008 04:00 PM

i like shoot to also shoot Steel Force broadheads iv had amazing luck with them to

KodiakArcher 11-20-2008 04:01 PM

Do an internet search on "Easton Tuning Guide" (I haven't got a copy on this desktop or I'd attach it) and follow the broadhead tuning instructions. If they're all consistently flying to the same point of impact then you need to do some fine tuning of your rest. If they're flying all over the place you need to do some fine tuning of either the arrow/broadhead combination or your form.

Simp 11-20-2008 04:01 PM

What they're saying is that most likely your bow is out of tune and is making your arrows fly erratic. Take it to your local archery shop and have them tune it and watch them do it. Ask questions and you'll be able to tune it yourself next time.

Pope94/IA 11-20-2008 04:05 PM

Lol, what would tuning be exactually?